Vitesse non draining oil filter

Freebird

Having rebuilt my 2.5 engine I'm keen to keep in in top nick by replacing the oil filter with one which doesn't drain when the engine stops running. I have got one suitable for the big saloons, but it sits far too close to the chassis on a Vit to be able to fit the filter. This will be on eBay pretty soon.

I have read about a version which mounts remotely at the front of the engine bay, are these still available?

Steve (mowerman)
The race is on mate - mine WILL be running this weekend.

Glen.

A remote filter should be possible. Mocal make adapters for oil coolerswhich should work as the send/return, and also remote filter heads, so it should be do-able with a look at the catalogue, just can't remember the company who sells all the stuff at the mo!

Clive

Glen, looks like you`ve won then  :'(  Mine`s still sitting outside on the drive, gearbox and block are in but problems with the cylinder head  :(  Have you modified your engine  in any way? 

My oil filter adaptor fits really close to the chassis rail but doesn`t appear to actually touch it.  Re remote adaptors try Mocal the oil cooler people.

If you need filters these are some you can use;
Champion C104, Unipart GFE176, halfords HOF 206, Mahle OC235

Steve.

Steve

My lump is not really modified, more of a mix of the 2.5 TC engine that was in it when I originally bought it and the PI lump I bought from you.

TC block rebored plus 20 thou
TC crank reground minus 10 thou
PI head with unleaded seats
PI plus 20 pistons
PI rods
PI cam, followers, push rods, rockers and valves.
New rings, shells, gaskets, seals and a recon gearbox.
Twin 1 3/4 SUs which were on it when I bought the car.

I got it running last night after making the classic mistake of getting the ignition timing 180° out - doh.

I'm going to try my cartridge filter adaptor fitted horizonally as suggested by Nick above, but the pressue relief valve hex looks like it might foul the canister. We will see.

To rub it in, I might even drive it over to your place on Sunday.

What is wrong with your head? The one on the car, not the one on your shoulders!

Glen.

If you want a remote filter try http://www.thinkauto.com/ and look up oil take off plates. They do one for the triumph 6, and also remote filter heads so you can have a filter pointing down! And easier to get to when it need changing.
You can tell I'm a bit bored, start looking stuff up on the net. Next thing the suns coming up......

Cheers
Clive

Archived