Mann oil filters

uksnatcher

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcus,
Just looking at my spare Mann. Not going to try it as I don't want a filter sitting around for months full of oil....  butt...  how about a bit of 1/4" tube attached to a funnel pushed through one of those rubber thingys in one of the 4 holes. would be slow but might work ?
Tony.

Quoted from hypoid53
Thanks for your replies. I decided to follow up the advice of Marcus and UKsnatcher and removed the new filter. I then weighed it at 780g against a new one at 410g. So there is approx 0.371 litres of oil in the filter after 3 days! Result. 🙂

I'm still concerned with the amount of thread that's holding your filter on.  
Tony.

Quoted Text
I'm still concerned with the amount of thread that's holding your filter on.  

Thanks for your concern Tony but as you can see from the photo the depth of thread available for penetration into the block is actually greater than it was before. Not much danger of it falling off. When I took the new filter off for the weight test I had to use an extractor tool and I had only hand tightened it!

Hi Guys,
Just to let you know that I have been following this thread with much interest. I have bought from Moss the oil cooler sandwich plate 5/8 - 3/4 adapter and fitted to my 1500. I have ordered from Mr Auto NL (I live in the Netherlands) 2 x 724/1 filters at about Euro's 5 apiece which came from France ????
I received them today and I have just fitted one of them today. Ran the Car to fill the filter and have just topped up the oil to just below the top mark on the dipstick. It seems to function pretty good at the moment however I am taking part in the Chines Rally at the weekend and that means around a 700/750 km round trip for me so will find out how it performs. Thanks for the modification as I am always on the lookout for anything that improves our cars. Regards, Ken

• 1 month later...

I have been following this with great interest and I now would like to implement this on an oil change on my 13/60.

The big question I have is, Where can I get one of these 5/8 - 3/4 adaptors?

Is there anywhere in the UK where these are available, or is it only available in the USA as suggested earlier in the thread?

Many thanks.

Bit late now, but our man in Virginia brought the last batch over for me. May be able to organise some more, but not until October.
A word of warning though, even in the states they are not always kept in stock. Each seller I tried listed loads, but only had a handful. I should have got 25 or so, but scraped 10. All of which had found homes.

Quoted from Hairy Bobis
I have been following this with great interest and I now would like to implement this on an oil change on my 13/60.

The big question I have is, Where can I get one of these 5/8 - 3/4 adaptors?

Is there anywhere in the UK where these are available, or is it only available in the USA as suggested earlier in the thread?

Many thanks.

PM me, I'm in New Zealand and I've made a few. If no one over there can make or supply one (Marcus, where are you ) I'll send you one for the cost of the postage.
Tony.

Update on filling a Mann filter W 830 type
its took a month or moer, but just kept filling the inner bit up, till all oil was level to top
leave a day or so, and re fill
got quite altt in there, so they can be filt up, but its a v v slow process
butt, the spare is ready for use, and there will be v v little delay on start up

they come wid a pastic cover, so just kept bung,n that over top when finnished filling
if folk are wondering aboot muk git,n in it,

Deffo one of the better things for the T engines,
a bigggggg thanks to Gaz Snatcher (clap)(clap)

M

Wid an oil can Shaun,  
aboot a ..laal fingers worth.. full at a time,!!

I got a Bigg syringe, an olde medical one, aboot 8 inches long.
but i was in no hurry,
it was an experiment, as the bigggg filter i have on, took some filling whenst bung ont car

M

Quoted from Jordan T
The Mann W724/1 are currently on sale at Euro Car Parts. Only £2.76!!!

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ec.....dc31b1336&000231

Nice one Jordan......good find, i ordered a couple too....(ok)

Pre loaded oil filter idea is really good M.  the larger ones hold about 1/2 lt oil so like you say, need a good cold crank to initially fill.