Radio/oil gauge blanking plate

LouisW

7112 wrote:
I have designed a blanking plate that sits in the H tower with holes for gauges and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this?
The gauge hole sizes are 52.4mm.

I've attached a picture of it below if anyone's interested.

Sell one or two on eBay - you’ll soon get more than a few orders, those look very nice indeed.

490 wrote:

Sell one or two on eBay - you’ll soon get more than a few orders, those look very nice indeed.

I'm thinking about doing that just eBay takes so much money for fees its unbelievable! I think I will offer the service of engraved customs ones on the forums and make some standard plain ones for eBay.

The price for the radio plates is £15 which is much less than the originals selling on eBay and are custom cut.
Pm or post if interested.
Kind regards
Louis.

7112 wrote:

I'm thinking about
doing that just eBay takes so much money for fees its unbelievable! I think I will offer the service of engraved customs ones on the forums and make some standard plain ones for eBay.

The price for the radio plates is £15 which is much less than the originals selling on eBay and are custom cut.
Pm or post if interested.
Kind regards
Louis.

Louis are you a paid up club member?
If so why not put an ad on here?
I believe then it gets included in the next club torque mag too?
If not a member why not join or pay for an ad.....£10 for an ad 30 for yrs membership.....makes sense to just join I guess?

Obviously if your a member you know all this :)

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent news Leigh, I just replied to your pm!

rotoflex wrote:
Those are nice, Louis.  
They're better that hacking out a DIN-size hole in an original plate.

I thought so anyway, especially with the price of the steel ones being so high. I'll try get some mk3 templates made up today.

The black radio plate on the first page is now for sale, it is a plain black plate made from 3mm acrylic and will fit the spitfire mkiv, 1500 and gt6 mk3. The hole size is single din so fits most aftermarket radios. Price is £15 + £3.50 postage. Pm me if interested.

Louis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I currently have two gauge plates (2 x 52mm holes perfect for smiths gauges) in plain black gloss acrylic 3mm left which I need gone really. Pm if interested, £10 each which is cheaper than butchering up the original plate and also cheaper than the generic ones on eBay. Fits perfect into your H tower as well.

Louis.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Right, I have had 10 more gauge/ radio plates put into production but due to having to outsource the manufacture I have been unable to have the engraving added. They are just plain black 3mm acrylic plates.

What I have available are 2 x 3 Gauge Plates, 2 x 2 Gauge Plates and 6 Single Din plates!

They are £20 each, due to them costing me more to produce etc this is only slightly more than before.

I do not have the plates at the minute, but will have in the near future so if you want to pre-order and then pay when they arrive I can be sure to get them sent out ASAP.
Pm me or message on here, I dont know if i'll get round to having more manufactured, depends on the interest with these!

Thanks,
Louis

Right, I have had 10 more gauge/ radio plates put into production but due to having to outsource the manufacture I have been unable to have the engraving added. They are just plain black 3mm acrylic plates.

What I have available are 2 x 3 Gauge Plates, 2 x 2 Gauge Plates and 6 Single Din plates!

They are £20 each, due to them costing me more to produce etc this is only slightly more than before.

I do not have the plates at the minute, but will have in the near future so if you want to pre-order and then pay when they arrive I can be sure to get them sent out ASAP.
Pm me or message on here, I dont know if i'll get round to having more manufactured, depends on the interest with these!

Thanks,
Louis

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the radio/ gauge plates and have already sold both three gauge plates. I have left 6 single din radio plates, and 2 two gauge plates.

The price for these are £20 posted, and I will post abroad if buyer covers postage cost.

I have received the radio/ gauge plates and have already sold both three gauge plates. I have left 6 single din radio plates, and 2 two gauge plates.

The price for these are £20 posted, and I will post abroad if buyer covers postage cost.