Help! - Vitesse Fuel Pump query

Pete Arnold

My Vitesse MkI (engine no HC3057E) is fitted with the glass bowl type fuel pump (part # 206623).  I need to replace the gasket upon which the glass bowl sits (part # 509930) as it is letting in air.  However this gasket is listed as "no longer available" by the various Triumph parts suppliers.

Does anyone know whether the later fuel pump (part # 213577) will fit as a direct replacement for my older style pump?

It looks like cork and rubber version are available, but it's hard to pin them down by part number as often they are listed as AC fuel pump spares. Another angle might be to search for application specific kits like this one for GT6 Mk1 which I think is probably the same as yours. Are you able to measure your old gasket and order by size? I saw a ton of gaskets available when searching for "AC fuel pump glass bowl gasket".

This is what Rimmers say about the later type pump they offer:

Please note: This fuel pump is unsuitable for the following vehicles:-
Vitesse 1600 & Mk1 2 litre to eng. no. HC4500E
GT6 Mk1 to eng. no. KC5000E
Triumph 2000 Mk1

We are currently unable to offer a replacement fuel pump for these vehicles however, the repair kit, part number AEU2760A, can be used to refurbish the existing pump.

6 minutes ago, glang said:

Think its got to be rubber for the glass bowl to sit on and seal properly without having to over tension it....

Bit of Viton (about the only ethanol resistant stuff). I had to buy a bit a few years ago to make a seal for my in-tank pump. Not cheap, a tenner for 100x100mm, 3mm thick. I have no idea if the cork gasket stuff is now made using viton rather than nitrile.

Glang: Beware! although no VAT is charged at the UK end the country importing it should want it from you, assuming where you live applies VAT, then there is the trap of import duties and possible charges made by the delivery company for clearing customs.

Here in France I have seen several postings on a French Triumph club forum/FB where these charges have been far more than the value of the goods!

If possible you want a company that sends it as duty paid, then you just have standard delivery costs (and maybe VAT). . .

Very messy still at the moment with companies doing their own thing. The supplier whose name starts with an 'R' did send out an email to say that if you phone an order they can deal with it in this fashion.

Then there are the lucky ones, like my wife who buys embroidery stuff from Scotland. She pays no VAT on the export, delivery is included and to date no no VAT etc at this end.

As you are suffering Brexit have you tried non UK suppliers?

yes Ive heard some horror stories so thats why I like it explained on the UK suppliers sites but many dont yet. I cant find anything on the Canley site and when I put in a continental address it looks like its going to charge my credit card VAT included. Hopefully as SBF indicates a human comes in later and gives me a refund or something...

As you say perhaps easier with EU suppliers☹️ 

On 18/11/2021 at 14:48, glang said:

yes Ive heard some horror stories so thats why I like it explained on the UK suppliers sites but many dont yet. I cant find anything on the Canley site and when I put in a continental address it looks like its going to charge my credit card VAT included. Hopefully as SBF indicates a human comes in later and gives me a refund or something...

As you say perhaps easier with EU suppliers☹️ 

No VAT refund needed as it's never charged. All orders are charged (by a human) only when they have been packed, and ready for dispatch (unlike others who charge when the order is placed).