10CR 2024 - Launch Date - 1st Feb 2024

16 hours ago, Ellis said:

In case anyone has missed the emails and notes on the website and social media, entry will open on 1st Feb 2024.

Hi Ellis...will that be from 00;01 on the 1st or will it be when its posted during the day. Just thinking of people who may be at work

48 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

Hi Ellis...will that be from 00;01 on the 1st or will it be when its posted during the day. Just thinking of people who may be at work

The opening time was in the email we sent all members. 7.00pm

That time should mean most people can be at home. 

So you did, however I`m having terrible problems with my lap top, Its taken quite quite a while to find that. Arranging the Border Raiders ,  I`ve  found  things going awry.....forwarded a menu on mail this morning................and its disappeared. Bring back pencil/pare/carbon paper ......

• 3 weeks later...

Accommodation all booked:-

Rouen: Maison Hypercentre

St Etienne: Hotel Furania

Saint Andre: Booked at Castellane. Gite detape Bastide Petra

Arona: Hotel Ristorante San Carlo. Took Ellis's advice and pushed the boat out...balcony and lake views!!

Singen: Holiday Inn Express. Smack in the town centre!!

Ferry??? Out Dover - Calais, Newhaven - Dieppe, Portsmouth - Cherbourg/Le Havre, Poole - Cherbourg?????

Ferry??? Return Calais - Dover/Dunkirk, Hoek Van Holland- Harwich (15 mins from where I live)???

I love all this.

Reply all
Forward

Just a heads-up for anyone who might be thinking of Newhaven-Dieppe, there is a 20% discount for anyone who is lucky enough to be over 60😁. Not sure how you get it though, you may need to ring DFDS.

Irish Ferries also offering 20% off bookings made before 29 February, (and no age requirements!). It seems most ferry cos have a deal going on at the moment. I’ve booked team ‘Cream on First’ onto the Dover-Calais return sailings on 2 and 8 September for £143, (non-flex).

Roger C

6 hours ago, Howard said:

Accommodations sorted by my co-driver. Just have to sort out how to cross to France 🙂

Help!

I didn't receive automatic notification of the approx overnight locations as an entrant and cannot see it on the Forum. Where can I find this info please?

Tim 

5 hours ago, Tim Hunt said:

Help!

I didn't receive automatic notification of the approx overnight locations as an entrant and cannot see it on the Forum. Where can I find this info please?

Tim 

Hi Tim

II've forwarded you Ellis's email

Regards

Bruce

On 21/02/2024 at 22:09, Don Cook said:

Accommodation all booked:-

Rouen: Maison Hypercentre

St Etienne: Hotel Furania

Saint Andre: Booked at Castellane. Gite detape Bastide Petra

Arona: Hotel Ristorante San Carlo. Took Ellis's advice and pushed the boat out...balcony and lake views!!

Singen: Holiday Inn Express. Smack in the town centre!!

Ferry??? Out Dover - Calais, Newhaven - Dieppe, Portsmouth - Cherbourg/Le Havre, Poole - Cherbourg?????

Ferry??? Return Calais - Dover/Dunkirk, Hoek Van Holland- Harwich (15 mins from where I live)???

I love all this.

Reply all
Forward

Don and others.

The Rouen Hotel is in the middle of the Green Zone (aka LEZ) zone. I think we will be fined if we go there.

Howard

-

3 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

There are not many hotels outside the boundary of Rouen

When I checked on the EU Green Zone App, the start shown on Ellis's map appears to be south of the Green Zone.

The Android Green Zone App a free app that I have used for a few years which helps to avoid any unnecessary fines.

H

'Voitures de collection' are exempt from the restrictions. My 13/60 is registered as one, in the case of your Triumphs I don't see there being any problems, well fingers crossed, with Monsieur Gendarme.

This map might help.

I don't imagine you'll be passing my way, Normandy close to Alençon.

Good luck to all

Bonne route!

datasWbdw6xYCTO8BumuLzbMFFrciod4V5qsjFSNMuHvaBgyHkcwpYGmSmPPw0T3nKx4_L7BISu0w1TGLjn8lFXIOoThTLEUEdJk-ZIRcFejSNq3GunMETQ4Cj0VWDJeW5-M97EEvXBvHetjlaOZhhbYMD.thumb.png.8d644224441adada986a0a5be2117555.png

The 10CR route starts south of the "zone a faibles emissions Rouen" area shown on your map so it confirms we should be able to stay out of trouble with les flics even if they don't agree that our car documents meet the requirements for  'Voitures de collection'

Edited by Howard