Too Long in Lounge Bar!

Adrianb

I was waiting for the weather to warm up! Just thought I might do something with the Bulkhead! Turns out somethings beaten me to it may be a Robin or some other Troglodyte! Back to the Lounge Bar for a Beer!

IMG_1024.jpeg

• Haha 2

Fantastic!

I mistakenly have always been too busy to enjoy the surrounding nature.

Since retiring and moving to our current location I have had the pleasure of watching several species of birds from the dining room window.

As part of my daily routine I stock up the apple tree with mealworms, seed impregnated suet balls, and sunflower seeds.

In return we have had blue tits, coal tits, long tail tits, chaffinch, bull finch, green finch, Robbin, wrens, woodpecker, Siskin, nut hatch, pheasant, and some migratory birds visit us.

As a non “twitcher” I consider myself very privileged and enjoy what nature brings.

Having said all of that, I haven’t found a nest so I reckon you’re definitely “one up on me” !

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Shepsy said:

As part of my daily routine I stock up the apple tree 

We have 5 apple trees but I put grease balls in the cherry tree and we watch the birds 5ucking in while we sit in the conservatory having breakfast. We get hares and deer in the field regularly, less frequently, like last weekend, a family of wild boar passing by. Fortunately they don't come into the garden - the damage they do is massive! 

• Like 3

And then there was Four! Apparently a clutch can be up to 10 or 12 at least I’ve done the Clutch already just need to find the jet hose for when the little ones arrive Sh#t everywhere! Joy!

IMG_1031.jpeg

• Like 1

OK NATURE IS VERY INTERESTING BUT ???

When are we going to see a photograph of the other baby ?

That is the state of the Triumph automobile in the picture and what model. 

I mean the car not that damsel sitting on the bonnet/hood !!!

Who is Roast beef and what does he or she drive. And, where do they live, presumably in Frog land !!!

Signed: "The Apprentice" who lives in darkest Epping Forest ??? AjS

Living in suburban London I think that's simply fabulous!!

Set up a remote camera and watch them develop u til they fly the nest (of course the parents will probably be back for a second clutch later in the year !!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adrianb said:

Happy Easter Six! and room for more and the 13/60 is Stuck underneath and I’m stuck in the garden with my feet up enjoying a Mythos( Greek Beer) waiting for a cunning plan!

IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

Now then Baldrick what’s your cunning plan 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1094.thumb.jpeg.48e840d6e25c9c17287dbf2ccdad2f6a.jpegI’ve Got Babies! , the Triumph is Covered up with extra Tarps and Mr And Mrs Robin didn’t mind! So a few Weeks of feet up enjoying some more Greek beer as I’ve just found a plentiful local supplier!

• Like 2