Hi everyone, due to a worsening of my long term heart condition, I have had to withdraw from this years event, my RBRR started (as far as I remember) in 1986, I have used lots of different cars, my old Courier van now lovingly restored by Chris Gunby was a regular competitor, the one year I failed to complete was a borrowed John Kipping herald estate which drove magnificently but diff seal failure meant giving up in Birmingham on the southward journey.
In the last few years I have been the proud owner of a Mk1 2000 much loved and modified, I did offer the team the use of the car but they didn't want to break up the team and hopefully you will see us marshalling in some daytime fixture in the South west.
The good news is that a first time team is to replace us.
Take Care
Chris Allen

Quoted from heraldhabitat
, the one year I failed to complete was a borrowed John Kipping herald estate which drove magnificently but diff seal failure meant giving up in Birmingham on the southward journey.
Chris Allen

Courier with windows. It's still here, all be it in a disassembled state.

Sorry to hear about your news Chris.

I am so sorry to hear your news Chris and wish you all the very best. Please try to take things easy. I am sure I speak for all when I say that the next RBRR won't be the same without you, I can quite understand why Jayson and Steve didn't accept your typically kind offer of the car. I don't know if 1986 was your first Round Britain but I certainly recall picking your brains that year in Morrison's workshop in Stirling where we had my dynamo stripped on the bench and were trying unsuccessfully to breathe new life into it. That was the year that I got round thanks to Andy Roberts who kindly shadowed me round the rest of the route exchanging his battery for mine when the latter had almost run down.

I can also recall your taking one look under my hood and suggesting it was time for a rewire. I hope I am not tempting Providence to point out that nearly 30 years later and following the addition of several more after market electrical goodies my original loom is still in place and functioning fine!

Chin up,

Tim