After a failed attempt at live updates on the 2008 RBRR we are currently online on our way to the start at the Plough.

Currently Robs spitfire is running well with Neil McDonnell in close support about 40 miles North of Birmingham on the M6.

Steve

What's the weather like?

Any pictures of Team Shorts in their shorts at the start? Hope you can update with pics as you go round. Might get a bit parky at JoG in yer shorts though! ;D

Good luck, and make shorts wearing GT6 owners everywhere proud!

bobyspit wrote:
bad start hole in oil pipe to oil cooler, so oil everywhere. Bypassed that all seems well.

Well done boys (clap) oily hands already.
Pahh...you dont need that bit anyway....the oil maybe (pray) ....cart on lads....!

(dance) GO GO GO 'team shorts' (dance)

Raider wrote:
Bad luck guys :o

When you get back to Manchester why not jump in the GT6 and rejoin the run?

We did discuss doing that Martin and probably could have fitted Robs seats in the GT6 and rejoined at Lancaster or Gledrid.
I think it may not be allowed because of the MSA permit, although I suppose we could have "visited" the rest of the stops to cheer everyone on ;)

Still I'll see you and the rest of the RBRR at Forton/Lancaster services later on.
Got to pass on our Hotel details to Neil Neil McDonell..........................Someone may as well have the rooms on Sunday night :)

tiggrr1 wrote:

Still I'll see you and the rest of the RBRR at Forton/Lancaster services later on.
Got to pass on our Hotel details to Neil Neil McDonell..........................Someone may as well have the rooms on Sunday night :)

The details your passing on (if you get there) is for the room that has been booked for Neil. There is a spare room going if anyone wants it as me and Steve will obviously not be using it. To say Gutted would be an understatement..

Can someone tell me again why I have a Triumph?

John_Martin wrote:
Any pictures of Team Shorts in their shorts at the start? Hope you can update with pics as you go round. Might get a bit parky at JoG in yer shorts though! ;D

Good luck, and make shorts wearing GT6 owners everywhere proud!

Here you go John

A pic of us at the start in front of Robs Spitfire :)

We were a bit happier here than we were at around 5 in the morning just South of Blair Atholl on the A9.
We were Team shorts when the gearbox got full of neuterals but we were pretty soon Team Wooly jumpers and warm pants coz it was bloody cold.

Sorry to hear you had to pull out. Still I guess your recovery back home was a little shorter than hours, John O'Groats to Hampshire took just over 24 Hours by AA relay, although that did include about 7 hours in a Hotel near Warrington Courtesy of the AA.

Anyway, here's a couple of Team Shorts pictures from the Run....

cook1e

that 2nd pic is scary ;D

Yes our trip was shorter than yours, we were back in Manchester by about 2:30pm. one relay to Carlisle and one to Manchester.

Looks like you had a lucky escape without too much damage :)

Shame we both missed the cakes!!!

Archived