Whats the route from London up to the A1 as I fancy watching everyone go by on Friday evening.
Somewhere near cambridge would be good. If its the same as previous years I will dig out the last route book.

BTW good luck everyone, missing not doing it and the buzz and panic of getting ready...

Mike

PaulB wrote:
I'm going to try and keep to route book as much as possible this year. Plus I think the traffic will be less using that route.

I must admit I've always been well impressed with the official route on the Friday night, it's a well proven method of getting away from North Lomdon on a Friday evening without getting stuck in the normal Friday night Jams which is quite an achievement.

Usually a bit sticky actually getting onto the A10 at Enfield but then there are 100 Triumphs that have all left the Plough a couple of miles before so not surprising!

The A1M between j5 and j7 on friday evening is never a pretty sight and not good after that and the Black Cat roundabout (A421 to Bedford) can be even worse, stick to route book and avoid both. I speak with the voice of experience having driven that road from before they built the motorway and daily for the last 7 years.  This year there are road works starting at j23 on the M25 making it interesting getting on the A1.

Good luck to all taking part unfortunately I will be heading in the opposite direction to Heathrow en route to Delhi so won't be able to cheer you on.