Only 99 Days to go......

How's the saying go? The more I practice the luckier I get :-)

I know exactly how you feel Tim, my RBRR debarcle is still fresh in my mind, it was nearly a LCC debarcle until we found the problem then - whooo hooo!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Headgasket going on the GT too, not GONE like yours doug, but bubbling out one corner... Thankfully Roy (royboy66) has found me a Payen AE350 gasket which I'll attempt to fit next week after some other bits needed for the job turn up.

Also seriously considering a propshaft swap.. that loud rumble at 75-80 (and 95) does my head in!

Gotta love the last minute pressure!!

Headgasket going on the GT too, not GONE like yours doug, but bubbling out one corner... Thankfully Roy (royboy66) has found me a Payen AE350 gasket which I'll attempt to fit next week after some other bits needed for the job turn up.

Also seriously considering a propshaft swap.. that loud rumble at 75-80 (and 95) does my head in!

Gotta love the last minute pressure!!

Ben,

Seriously good propshaft company near me called Propshaft Services, near Heathrow. If you are having a problem.

Head Gasket: Remember you will also need a good inlet/exhaust manifold gasket, a water pump to head gasket and whilst at it a new rocker cover gasket.
If you have a tubular manifold, I'd go and have a word with Dale and buy some cap head studs to fit the thing back onto the head with, these are brill for access. I have a allen key that has a 1/2 drive socket to enable you to do them up with, I can bring along to drivers meeting on Monday.
If you have still got a cast iron manifold, buy some new studs and brass manifold nuts and some new ms spring washers.
Don't undo the long water by pass pipe where it connects to the water pump, just let the whole assembly drop down. Undoing these can cause issues with the olive.

Phew! its all go innit! :P
Off to fetch Bens HG in a bit, then on to Coventry to get my rebulit g/box & o/d from mr Papworth!! if I can fit it back in over the wk/nd(inbetween my nightshifts at wrk :-/) Then I might be able to drive it down to the Drivers Breifing on monday!

still got a pile of stuff in garage waiting to fit too!!  busy busy!!  

Roy 8)

That I can't deny Tim!  I've lacked the motivation to tackle the Stag engine for the last 10 years, the 10CR was just the target I needed!  Not only has it made me drag out the Stag, it's got a couple of jobs done on the TR7 V8 that have improved it no end, and would have possibly even got the Sprint  out and roadworthy if I'd started prep a bit earlier!

A few months ago, the Dutch Night Rally gave me the boost to put the PI back on the road -  that car has done so well - 7k miles since the MOT, a Nachrict, La Carrerra Caledonia and Lemans 2007 under it's belt to name a few!

Well done to the Club, to Ellis, to you and to everyone else who has put in so much effort to make this Club what it is!

About 30 people run this Club in their spare time.

All top people who all bring something to the Club. All ages as well. Range from 24 to 82!
Here they all are:
Derek Pollock, Dave Shewry, Tim Hunt, Keith Bennett, John Millidge, John Snook, Bridget Snook, Bob Banks, Dale Barker, Ellis Stokes, Steve Waddingham, Bob King, Quentin Birkinshaw, Andy Lacey, Tina Lacey, Mel Evans, Caroline mcGrath, John Martin, Charles Colvin, Chris Allen, Martin Randle, Jim Webb, Fred. Slezak, Andy Flexney, James carruthers, Chris Shaw and Tony Short

Plus all the Local Group organisers, another 25 or so.

MikeyB wrote:
Stag block and heads at the machine shop, £1k worth of new engine bits sitting on the garage floor, rest of the guts all over the garage bench . . . pressure? . . . you just dunno the meaning of it!!!

;D

I don't feel quite so bad now Mike, still got an A4 list of things to do and still waiting for a few bits to arrive in the post but the major components are back together. If all goes well then hopefully the engine will be started for the first time this weekend  :). Getting the car into an MOT-able state is another matter ...   :(

(oh, and there's still the small matter of a co-driver)

Tell me about it!  IT's amazing how many nuts. bolts and even spanners turn up months if not years later!  Trouble is I can't think of any other surface that would hide the oil leaks so well!

Worked out the trick with the car hoist and engine crane is to sweep up the gravel first, then they roll better on the concrete underneath   :)

Well, block and heads are back from the machine shop, water pump got buggered when they took it out, so that's something else on the shopping list!

Still slowly cleaning up all the nuts, bolts and ancillaries.  Poly bushed the trailing arms today, subframe ends will benefit from gritblasting, so that will have to wait until I'm back at work.  

Cleaned a hole in the replacement diff's ally backplate today - doh! So whipped it off and gave it a good clean out inside, will have to swap it for the one off the old diff!  

Gonna loose a couple of days now - I'm racing tomorrow, back to work Mon, with the Driver briefing in the evening . . . . .P  A  N  I  C  !  !  !  !  !  !  

;D

Been wondering about the 10CR today whilst at work, popped out at lunch and bought a copy of this month's Evo magazine. Opened pages 134 & 135 and remembered why I entered the event: STELVIO!

I cannot wait now!

60 hairpins within the two sides. Southside is smoother and faster, wheras the Nothern approach has 48 hairpins and is the one for the cyclists and motorbikers.

Only concerns are how to keep the car cool going up this mighty road!

Archived