Only 99 Days to go......

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Bus is getting an early proving run this weekend on La Carrera, due to the back up car (TR7 Sprint DHC) letting go of it's water pump weekend before last.

Car prep has to be early this year as I'll be too busy sort stuff out for the run. That remnds me... Italian accommodation. Must get that e-mail out !!! ::)

Good luck all - be in touch soon. ;)

[quote by=06358 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1180513715,s=4 date=1180539645]I can't wait either... first event i've ever done, however the week before i'm staying at the Ritz Carlton hotel on the red sea at sharm el sheikh.

;D
sexysi[/quote]

I'm doing it the other way round, 2 weeks in a villa in Cyprus to recover beginning the weekend following the 10CR! (whats a Chevrolet Aveo? - its my hire car!!!!) - not as posh as Sharm el sheikh though!(http://www.rentcyprusvillas.com/exclusive/luxury-villa-L008.htm)

AAGH - This is a Chevrolet Aveo apparantly - how can I get my Triumph to Cyprus? - I think I'm getting a bit off topic here, so.....

Jobs to do on Spitfire before the 10CR - it's ready!! - just needs the fluids changing and anything that needs replacing thats dropped off or broken between now and September

Hi Car 34

We're 5 mins from Polis - never been to Cyprus before so its a bit of a voyage of discovery - this is the website of the villa we're renting http://www.rentcyprusvillas.com/exclusive/luxury-villa-L008.htm

Sleeps 8 which is just as well as both daughters and their respective partners are coming together with father-in law so have hired two Aveo's!

Cheers Car 33

[quote by=canleyclassics link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1180513715,s=2 date=1180514044]Now then, time to start thinking about building a car for the event. [/quote]

You're Ok Dave, There's another 90 days before YOU need to think about building a car.

My 1st replacement (and now a non-replacement) co-driver has said I can still borrow his Vitesse. That will be the one that is sat round the back of his garage with a seized engine and that hasn't seen an MOT in 25 years........

:-(

Colin

To quote CAruthers...

(quote)

Well I have no idea what is going to happen to the Bancroft/Carruthers entry...

Tim came over to mine after boiling over on the way here - all was going well until we got to the motorway and lost all drive. Recovery was called and I did some cross country to get back to my house and prep the 2000.

However Tim is still waiting for recovery and the hours are still ticking away...!

(quote)

Mmmmmm... I think they are currently enjoying a lazy comfortable drive 'oop north' in James's saloon.

Cheers

Colin

I am thinking its the clutch plate- well actually hoping it is!

Lost drive as I slowed down for the roadworks at jct 25 on the M25. No bad noises or anything- most strange. I expect that when I pull the box out tomorrow the plate will fall apart!?
I will not discuss how long it took to recover the car home on Friday!

Otherwise the car was going so well. I'd been a mungo and not screwed up a hose clip and lost some coolant on the way to James', otherwise the car was fine. I have even managed to contain the cockpit heat!!!!

I am supposed to be going to Belgium in two weeks time and then using her for the TD at Castle Combe on 09/07/07- so I need to get my finger out!

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1180513715,s=23 date=1181037011]... so I need to get my finger out![/quote]

...or get a wriggle on !!! ;)

You'll be fine Tim - you know the car is good, you've just had a lot of bad luck of late.

Archived