TRack Days, 2008.  Any news?

JohnD

I see that MGs-on-track plan a track day at Silverstone on the 17th March (http://www.mgs-on-track.com/events/33/silverstone_2008-03-17.htm), but details not yet available.  Last years was successful - will CT members be invited to take part this year?

John

Looks like it's not to be.
Jan 2008 issue of Club Torque reports that the 'official' CT track day will be at Cadwell Park, on the 6th May.   Fine circuit, my favourite in the UK, new  circuit for CT - great! Thank you, Fred, for your organising work! - but too late for me.  I need a shake down track day before the racing season starts.

However, the CT Drivers Challenge (not the Championship - see your magazine) includes the MGs-on-Track day at Silverstone in March, I presume the 17th as no date is given.  Confusing!

I believe that CT members are welcome at any MGs-on-Track event, so I plan to go to Silverstone anyway.   Other CTers welcome to join us! No booking details available yet on the MGS-on-Track website.  http://www.mgs-on-track.com/events/33/silverstone_2008-03-17.htm

John

I asked MGsoT and Dave Livingstone answered,
"It�s a shame that Cadwell doesn�t work for you as that is a day that we are sharing with CT and they have a full session of 22 cars to fill!
At Silverstone, we have traditionally shared with Lotus on Track who have a full session to themselves. Last year we had half a session of Triumphs mixed in with half a session of MGs which worked well. Whether we do that this year is going to be down to the initial demand we see when we open the event for bookings.
So, at this point I can�t really answer your question. We will probably decide this at our next committee meeting on 10th Feb and will let Fred, Tim and Dale @ CT know, so it�s probably best to keep in touch with them."

So Fred, please, if you have any influence, please ask if a contingent of CTers may come to the Silverstone day.
   BUT, richard, paul, tj, don't knock Cadwell.  In fact go, gO, GO!  It's the nearest thing to the Nurburgring in the UK, if you get to use the Woodland part of the Full Circuit; The Mountain, Hall Bends, Hairpin and Barn, and the Start/Finish straight. Unique, challenging and huge enjoyment.  Next to Cadwell's up & down, to and fro circuit, Silverstone is just a giant carpark.  See here, a Golf GTi knocking spots off Loti, Subarus etc.etc: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm-d4pcjUpI

John

PS the new Challenge refers to a Silverstone Track day in March, so maybe the Club Admin are way ahead of me.

Mad_Mart wrote:
I'd love to do the trackday at Cadwell but tis a bit far for me, over 4 hour drive.

Why do they call you "Mad" Mart?  That far too sensible a comment!

So, plan to camp, B&B or just sleep in your car the nigth before or after.  Party the night away, with your fellow Triumpheros, before risking all on the English 'Ring!  Go Mad, Mad!
John

• 2 weeks later...

timbancroft61 wrote:
Similar, but what a track-gotta be worth it. B&B the night before.

Come on, Martin!

You could aways come and B&B at ours Tim your more than welcome we are only 5miles from Cadwell and Berkeley says he would like to take the STAG round Cadwell.......have a think about it :)

Archived