CT Warwickshire - Shakespeare's Summer Scatter

Jonny-Jimbo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Mike Banks - yes, I can send one over soon.

Apologies about the discs, we thought they were metal, it wasn't meant to be deceiving etc.

Thanks.

Those discs of the telephone pole are called "Discs, Pole, Number Identification" and were white painted aluminium until about 1968 - 1970, when they changed to black on white plastics.  A red one with "S" on it denoted that the pole must be tested before climbing, and a red rectangular one with "D"  meant that the pole must not be climbed without assistance from the Pole Erection Unit.  Yes, really.

Quoted from sparky_spit

Thanks.

Those discs of the telephone pole are called "Discs, Pole, Number Identification" and were white painted aluminium until about 1968 - 1970, when they changed to black on white plastics.  A red one with "S" on it denoted that the pole must be tested before climbing, and a red rectangular one with "D"  meant that the pole must not be climbed without assistance from the Pole Erection Unit.  Yes, really.

You really do need to get out more.

I can see Janice enjoying such anecdotes as you tour the country.

Tenner you are back in a week.  On your own.

Quoted from thescrapman

You really do need to get out more.

I can see Janice enjoying such anecdotes as you tour the country.

Tenner you are back in a week.  On your own.

For years after Claire left BT and I finished on the BT district contracts we navigated the country by BT telephone exchanges.