CT Autosolo: Bovingdon, Herts 19/07/09

Tim Bancroft

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith wrote:
Thinking of entering but I've let my MSA licence lapse, can someone advise what licence is needed, and what the current MSA technical requirements cars to be eligible are?

Keith

current MOT road legal tyres at start club card . regards scrutineer michael

You keep wishing Colin..when the car is running and depending on funds i fully intend being as active as i can..if anyone beats me this year it will be down to THEIR  efforts rather than the lack of them on my part..it's a shame i can't claim points for a transit van [that's what we're using sunday] ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Entries as today's date:
1. Mike Helm: TR6: Class B
2. Tim Bancroft: GT6: Class B
3. Clive Senior: Toledo: Class A
4. Keith Dandridge: GT6; Class B
5. Colin Wake: Spitfire Mk3: Class A
6. Roger Baldwinson: 2000 Mk2 V8: Class D
7. Mike Bishop: Herald 1200: Class A
8. Vinnie Poonwassie: Spitfire 2000Pi: Class B
9. Andy Martin: Vitesse 6: Class B
10. Kevin Martin: Vitesse 6: Class B
11. Dale Barker: Herald 1200: Class A
12. Katie Foreman: Herald 13/60: Class A
13. Doug Foreman: Herald 13/60 (He's back and up for it)! Class A
14. Nigel Abdullah: Herald 1200: Class A
15. Hilary Brake: Spitfire 2500Pi: Class B
16.Richard Brake: Spitfire 2500Pi: Class B
17. Steve Needham: Dolomite 1850: Class C
18. Bob King: 2000mk2: Class C
19.Dave Cox: Spitfire mk4: Class A

Keep them coming!

By the way if anyone who is not intending on entering would like to come along anfd help in anyway, please contact Dale, Mike Helm, Ellis or me.

doug_foreman wrote:
Tim , am holding on to my entry for a couple more weeks till DVLA make their mind up ...IF they ban me i will have little option but to withdraw but will still attend with katie and will be more than happy to lend a hand

Surely not a BAN Doug, just a temporary suspension of license on medical grounds.

Or have you been a bad boy and not told us??????

You weren't going for the Herald ton-up club membership in the tunnel trying to hear the exhaust howling off the tunnel walls???

Or is it just me that does that????  :)

Colin

thescrapman wrote:

Surely not a BAN Doug, just a temporary suspension of license on medical grounds.

' in the tunnel trying to hear the exhaust howling off the tunnel walls???'

Or is it just me that does that????  :)

Colin

If the event is purely on private ground does it matter Doug, as Katie can drive you to it.

Think you followed me through the tunnel a couple of times Colin, didnt you hear my sweet musical exhaust. 8)

Dave

Colin, due to the severity of the head injury i have to , by law , inform the DVLA ..there is a chance they may ban me for a year ,,but only a chance ..would mean i lose my comp license but as to competing on private ground ,  iknow under MSA blue book rules i could not do autotests but haven't double checked autosolos but would not feel right competing without my driving license

Doug

I reckon it is better to say "I have had my license suspended on medical grounds" rather than "I have been banned from driving".

You didn't actually do anything (apart from bang your head I suppose) to bring about the withdrawal of your license.

BAnned implies you were a bad boy!

Will be much less likley to panic people in authority. Like insurers.

Cheers

Colin

erm, Tim my entry seems to have misplaced 500cc's..... not a big problem really..... but it such an effort putting them in  there in the first place - and painting them yellow .... rambling - shallow fickle...... first one.. got L plates... see you there!

ps.. Doug... that pic of you in the herald, was it moving or had you just got in it? :o  :X

(coat....)

I fancy joining you for this event but our local Hill Climb is on the same weekend and I have been meaning to do this for a couple of years. 20 miles or 250 miles to the start, I just can't make up my mind!!

Come on, lets see some more entries, time for some 'Drivers' to prove how technical they are!

Bit of needle and wind up, so should be fun!

Surely some of our younger members should be able to beat the 40/50 year old devils-so come on get an entry in!

James/Keith B/Karl D: I have'nt seen your entry yet-come on!

What about Royboy or Bruce Sellars, your cars would be ideal for this type of event? GT6s or Spits are ideal.

I will start calling people soon!

sounds fun Tim!
But, my gearbox is only just talking to me again after the stick it got at Cadwell! :B

Trying to make it last till November for Oulton ! ;)

What does the event entail exactly? Im not up on this autosolo stuff at all?? :-/

8)

royboy66 wrote:

What does the event entail exactly? Im not up on this autosolo stuff at all?? :-/

8)

Having a very good time :)  In effect though, "driving in a vigorous manner whilst being timed" as Mr Chumley Warner might say.

As Driver Challenge co-ordinator I feel I also ought to point out that this is a CT organised event and so there are more points available than on non CT events too ;)

Entries as this morning:

1. Mike Helm: TR6: Class B
2. Tim Bancroft: GT6: Class B
3. Clive Senior: Toledo: Class A
4. Keith Dandridge: GT6; Class B
5. Colin Wake: Spitfire Mk3: Class A
6. Roger Baldwinson: 2000 Mk2 V8: Class D
7. Mike Bishop: Herald 1200: Class A
8. Vinnie Poonwassie: Spitfire 2000Pi: Class B
9. Andy Martin: Vitesse 6: Class B
10. Kevin Martin: Vitesse 6: Class B
11. Dale Barker: Herald 1200: Class A