Classic Driving Development Ltd - recommendations

Beans

Thx for the reply. Still undecided whether to go for a hydraulic PAS or an EPAS. The advantage of the PAS system from Classic Driving Development Ltd. is that it comes with quick rack(2.84 turns from lock to lock). Whereas all the EPAS systems I have found so far use the original, and  rather low geared original rack (3.9 lock to lock).

Quoted from Beans-

Thx for the reply. Still undecided whether to go for a hydraulic PAS or an EPAS. The advantage of the PAS system from Classic Driving Development Ltd. is that it comes with quick rack(2.84 turns from lock to lock). Whereas all the EPAS systems I have found so far use the original, and  rather low geared original rack (3.9 lock to lock).

using simple engineering methods the quick rack gearing will require more effort to turn it.

Thus the original 3.9 requires less effort.

Not a problem as you would have the PA to drive it. 

But the quick rack could wear out more easily.   I don;t know if anybody has used one and got any experience.

Roger

Quoted from Hogie4A-

But the quick rack could wear out more easily.

Could indeed. But I have a quick rack in my Sprint powered TR7 FHC since 2000. And so far with almost 100.000 km behind it , it still feels tight. Brilliant for fast road driving but a pig in town or on slow Alpine sections ...