You'd be mad to do it, or mad afterwards, si.
In fact I'd say it shouldn't be allowed, just from the H&S point of view of the rest of us.
Surely you've got other mates, or make a new one.  Offer the seat for sale, here or on eBay, proceeds to the Lifeboats!

No it won't, i have a blow up doll called Mandy that fits nicely into the other seat, for some reason though she catches a lot of flies in her mouth. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
sexysi

Tell you what, try the 2008 RBRR with a human co driver who has a driving licence and is insured. There will be plenty wanting to help you out. Then afterwards ask yourself if it's possible. Then ask yourself if perhaps you need a saloon for the 2010 run to fit a second co driver in.

:D

Take a co driver si! I have done alot of long distance runs, and you will put yourselves and inadvertantly others in danger. Its suprising how tiring it can be, especially in older cars that need to be driven!

I should imagine there will be plenty of takers! Try here or classic websites like this. Loads will be up for a roadtrip, or as said before, auction it off, even through local media and get some extra sponsorship!

Make it a mission, see if you can get thehighest sponsorship in the run!

I have done the long distance stuff before, 2,500 miles last year 10cr longest stint was 800 miles overnight from Slovenia to Nurbergring.
800 miles overnight this year on the HCR.
so i'm cool with the driving, by the way I have got last years 10cr co driver Matt chaters.
sexysi

06358 wrote:
I'm not that mad.........................................or am I...

As you're driving a TR7 you must be  :P

And I should know, with nearly 20 years of experience with these cars  :B

On a more serious note.
10CR can be done with one driver and one navigator, but for the RBRR you just need co-driver to take over so now and then as you're on the move more or less non-stop for 48 hours.

I drive a TR7 and and can definitely declare with 100% certainty that I am not even a little bit mad!

Just had a great blast up the A11 from Cambridge to Norwich, hood down and enjoying the lack of traffic at 6am. It's days like today that make having a classic really enjoyable - engine running sweetly, bright sunlight with the classic le mans to look forward to.

I'd encourage anyone who "loses" a co-driver or indeed a driver to get on the Forum earlier and see if they can find a partner. With so many entrants statistically we're more likely to see cancelled entries, in fact I have a couple to process today. We always expected crew consolidation, we've already seen a little and expect to see more. There's no shame in it :-)

Howard wrote:
I drive a TR7 and and can definitely declare with 100% certainty that I am not even a little bit mad!

Just had a great blast up the A11 from Cambridge to Norwich, hood down and enjoying the lack of traffic at 6am. It's days like today that make having a classic really enjoyable - engine running sweetly, bright sunlight with the classic le mans to look forward to.

Totally with you on this Howard. This morning i woke up and got ready for work. It's a 10 mile journey to the station and the sun was out.
So I have a choice of two cars to drive.
a) Astra sportshatch with VXR bodykit and 18" alloys. very nice, quick,smooth sexy. or
b) 1980 Tr7 DHC.
It was great going to the station with the roof down, the TR does put a smile on the face when the sun is out.

sexysi

• 3 weeks later...

Archived