Can anyone clarify wkere we park at Edinburgh Airport?

I've been round the airport twice today and didn't see any "Airport Coach Park" signs.

They may be gone due to the anti-terrorist measures which have changed access for all vehicles near the terminal building.

Will there be arrows to direct us to where we are to stop?

Jim.

I fly out of Edinburgh far too often for my liking, but I'm not sure that you'll be able to park up in the drop off zone.

Not being part of the RBRR I dunno what your plans are for Edinburgh, but stopping off in the drop off zone seems unlikely to me.  The drop off zone is a 50 yard stretch of roadway with parking lanes each side and a nice man in a car with a red stripe up the side who will tell you to be on your way sharpish if you have nobody to drop off.

More likely you are stopping in the pick up zone, which is the ground floor of the multi storey car park (and always has plenty of room).  You will need to pay to park in there (although I believe its free if you are only in there for a few minutes ..... sounds unlikely).  

bobyspit wrote:

Me too, I am getting rid of the OD as the gearbox went bump! So no more OD! Going the Type 9 route!
See you there!

Well I crashed and burned on fixing the OD tonight.  

Remember my odd symptoms?  Drove fine and dandy with OD engaged, but with OD disengaged whenever I took my foot off the gas I got a freewheeling sensation.  

I'm fairly convinced the problem is with the pressure relief valve, however could not budge it - the tool I fabricated to remove the plug was worse than useless.

To test my theory I put it back together and drove the car tonight with the gearbox oil level 'a tad lower than ideal' and sure enough it drove perfectly (albeit without overdrive).  

It'll do for now - at least it  will make the 12 miles up to Morrisons garage to wave you guys on.

Reckon I'll let Mr Doig have a bash at getting it working properly when I have enough money to let him near my car.

Archived