• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

michael_charlton wrote:

Sorry Jason , not saying you didnt send anything , but we have received nothing relating Gaydon, where to go agenda etc :(

RBRR Latest News

RBRR Bulletin 27/10/10

Things are progressing very nicely here at RBRR Central. We have endured one or two major problems, but these have been resolved. The RBRR should hopefully be another value for money weekend of fun motoring.

Charity
Its important to remember why we are all doing this event, that being to collect as much money as possible for MIND, the mental health Charity.
Jason sent out Sponsor Pledge forms as part of the welcoming e-mail to all Entrants as they joined. These were presented as a pdf, if you have not copied these off and have lost the e-mail, we have included them as an attachment to this mail. Some have criticised us for sending them out like this, however it has saved a big chunk of money in printing and posting, so fully justified in my opinion.

Clothing
We are presently designing a RBRR 2010 Polo Shirt. We hope to have this on sale at the Drivers Meeting and at the Start. It will also be available from the Club’s Shopkeeper, Tina Lacey. We will e-mail all Entrants about this when it is in stock.

Controls
We will have 16no Controls, plus the Start and Finish at Crews Hill. The Road Book will include all address details of these Control Stops. One of these Lands End will be a Passage Control. Remember that all Control Stops will only be open for a certain time, Controls are used to limit the speeds of vehicles and make it unnecessary to speed.
We have 4 new stops, however most of the old favourites will be used. The only regret we have is that we cannot find anywhere suitable near the Scottish border, we hope we can for 2012.

Drivers Meetings
A change this time as we will only hold one DM, a change fom the previous arrangement of holding two DMs. The DM will be held at the Motor Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon on Sunday 19/09/10 (Note: The email that was sent to all Entrants on 31/07/10 stated the wrong date) starting at 13.00hrs.
The meeting will take place in the Kestrel Suite. Please enter the Museum through the main entrance, you will be asked for a code that will enable entry for £5. We apologise about this charge, please note that this has been reduced from the normal amount. This entry fee will enable full Museum access. I understand that there will be a number of other events happening, Club Peugeot UKL Rally, Rover SD1 Spares Day, Gaydon Autumn Classic and Autojumble. Safe to assume that there will be plenty to look at before attending the meeting.
The Drivers Meeting will be the usual format of offering a full preview of the event. Nigel will present a thorough run through of the Route, also MIND will send along a representative to discuss the Charity and how the money we raise will be spent.
Entrants will also receive their Entry Packs at this meeting, we are sorry but we will not be able to post them out to anyone who cannot make the meeting. This will mean that those crews would only get to see the route at the start. Therefore it is considered essential for at least one representative of each crew to attend this meeting. Why not use the Meeting as a test drive for the car?
Should attendance not be possible, please contact me on tim.bancroft@club.triumph.org.uk
Entrants
At present we have 121no entrants, we do expect some more withdrawals, remember we offer a refund up to 31/08/10.
Right, the usual plea for all Entrants to keep Jason up to date with Entry changes. It is essential that we have the correct details-everything please, this satisfies the MSA’s sanctioning of the event and the issuing of the Touring Assembly Permit.
As usual, we will issue a full listing of all Entrants, this will be presented by car types. This will feature all Entrants mobile phone no.s, therefore it will be easier to see who is driving similar cars if a part is needed from the same type of car.
Looking at the cars that are entered, it looks likely that a comprehensive amount of the full range of Triumph car swill be taking part, the only cars I cannot think of taking part are the early Spitfires and Heralds and the Triumph 1500.

Extract from the RBRR Blog............ tells us about the £5 charge but does mention a code we need for this?..............

It's on the blog, in my signature, in the mag, on here and in emails sent to all drivers - we do try and get the word out.

As far as an agenda is concerned, 13:00 start, duration is about 2 hours for some words from the charity, some chat about the route, some  admin about how it will all work this year with new stops, new route sections, new landmarks etc. There'll be a Q&A then a wrap up and naff off. The duration and content is flexible within those headings but as we haven't yet assembled the final presentation and set a running order (Friday night's job) we're not 100% sure.

so for the avoidance of doubt,
There is only one Driver's meeting this time
Venue - Motor Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon, Kestrel Suite (upper level of the museum)
Date - Sunday 19/09/10 (that's this coming Sunday)
Time - 13:00 (That's when the meeting starts so please be there with more than 30 seconds to spare)
Cost - £5.00 per person
How to get there - enter the Museum through the main entrance, you will be asked for a code that will enable entry for £5 per person. Park as directed, you can enter the museum through the conferencing entrance on the upper level or through the main public entrance (where most of the cars are) on the lower level.
If you need directions go to http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/ for a full address, map, etc
If you get lost on site, ask any member of museum staff but there will be signs up.

The code will be issued by email in a couple of days, this isn't military grade encryption here so don't worry about it.

Oh and regarding the charge, we looked at a number of venues and found the costs were quite high, we could have paid a fee to hire Gaydon but we negotiated a deal at £5 pp. When we balanced up the economics of two driver's meetings and the costs in time and money plus the commitment required from all the organising team we decided to do it this way. The event has outgrown many of the possible venues.

I'd be interested to get any feedback after the meeting about how you all think we should administer it, how it went and what could be changed - we could just stick £10 or £15 on the entry fee and issue tickets to the driver's briefing, paying up front for a venue? (might not be Gaydon) Or stick to the low cost option or indeed, something else?

With work and home pressures it's hard enough for the organising team to commit to one driver's meeting, two would be too much. As to venue, we chose Gaydon because it was relatively central and easy to get to for the vast majority of crews. It's about a 130 mile round trip for me, more for Tim and Nigel I think.

We can't please all the people all the time so we just tried to upset everyone equally  :P

AlanChatterton wrote:

RBRR Latest News

RBRR Bulletin 27/10/10

Drivers Meetings
(Note: The email that was sent to all Entrants on 31/07/10 stated the wrong date) starting at 13.00hrs.

27/10/10 ?
No email received 31/7/10 ?

However no problem that we now have all the info, so all that remains is the `password`
Lets have a guess......`Trunnions` :P

According to  the Gaydon website if anyone turns up in a car over 20 years old on Sunday you get into the museum for £5 anyway - see below:

Gaydon Autumn Classic
Event Details
Start: September 19, 2010 9:00 am
End: September 19, 2010 5:00 pm
Whats Happening

Gaydon Autumn Classic

This popular annual Gathering of vehicles over 20 years old is very much an end of season get together. Individuals & Clubs are welcome. Entry to the Grounds is FREE, Entry to Museum for Drivers and Passengers of vehicles over 20 years old – £5 per person.

Plenty to see – Museum, Autojumble, Car Boot, Gaydon Autumn Classic, Club Peugeot UK National Rally, Rover SD1 Club Spares Day 2, Autumn Cream Tea Run and much more.

So will we have a CT parking area? :)

Tim
Just had a look at the Email I received. Checking the full header it appears to contain only 70 email addresses, which is rather less than the 117 I would have anticipated. Was there more than one email, or have some of the addresses been lost in transmission?
Cheers

timbancroft61 wrote:
I sent an e-mail the other night to all Entrants, using the e-mail addresses they registered with. Password is not a stretch of the imagination!

Tim,

I certainly didn't get the email, but fortunately I've now had a PM from one of the other drivers with the code. Bearing in mind that looking at Howard's mail it appears lots of email addresses were missing (117 cars = at least 234 people vs 70 email addresses on the mail sent out!) I think it would be a good idea to leave a list of entrants with the gate so that they can allow anyone who appears on the list in for the reduced entrance fee. Lots easier than the password!

Not trying to have a go, just trying to be constructive....

Cheers,

Andy

Ive had some emails from tim and jason, including a tester from jason, but not others. My dad got the last one from tim which I didnt, and in it my email address was in it incorrect on the domain suffix, and his email address was in the receivers list twice, though one was wrong on the domain suffix. Maybe a funky software/provider issue trying to auto-complete or something?

Archived