• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a note to say I got the email and we're planning to be at the meeting in the Spitfire. (proving run, fingers-crossed  ;D)

If anyone is coming up from the south, avoid the Newbury area as it's the Newbury show this weekend and the roads around there can be absolutely rammed.

32valves wrote:
Just a note to say I got the email and we're planning to be at the meeting in the Spitfire. (proving run, fingers-crossed  ;D)

If anyone is coming up from the south, avoid the Newbury area as it's the Newbury show this weekend and the roads around there can be absolutely rammed.

Thanks Carl, I normally would have done M4, A34 so gone right past the showground, I'll look out for you on the way up, not sure yet whether to take the GT6 or the modern.....

1937 wrote:
Hi,
Just checked my email for the last week, no sign of an email. Unless you sent it to my work address and i've not had access to that since Weds afternoon.  
Coud someone PM me please?

Thanks

HI Baldry1500

Just PM'd you the password.

Great meeting place - really interesting museum and being able to get so close and intimate with the exhibits was a pleasant change.

Not sure what the assembled lines of polishers thought about the motley collection of RBRR cars which was the first thing most visitors saw as they drove in, but we were simply the modern counterpart of the amazing rally cars in the museum. I would have loved to have been driving the A40(?) on the rally from the Arctic Circle to South Africa - that must have been an amazing adventure in those pre-GPS, satellite phone days.

We set off bright and early, :) though we did not get to Gaydon due to the windscreen shattering into lots of piece's near cambridge :( bloomin crappy roads!!!
so cleared the broken glass out of the car and set off home with no screen, good job we had blankets in the boot to wrap round while driving, found at 50mph to much buffeting, but at 70mph alot better, except when it rained, was like someone was sticking pins in your face ??). got back to the garage and put a tempory screen for now, will order a laminated one on Monday ;D

David.

P.S. glad it happened to-day and not on the RBRR :)

GT6DavidMK1 wrote:
We set off bright and early, :) though we did not get to Gaydon due to the windscreen shattering into lots of piece's near cambridge :( bloomin crappy roads!!!
so cleared the broken glass out of the car and set off home with no screen, good job we had blankets in the boot to wrap round while driving, found at 50mph to much buffeting, but at 70mph alot better, except when it rained, was like someone was sticking pins in your face ??). got back to the garage and put a tempory screen for now, will order a laminated one on Monday ;D

David.

P.S. glad it happened to-day and not on the RBRR :)

I brought that DVD of Prescott along for you as well David!

I'll try and remember to bring it along on 1st Oct...

Archived