Raider,

Are we going through 'Traforo Del Colle Di Tenda', the tunnel that seperates France from Italy. Its gotta be on the route, last time I went through with Doug and Mary in the TR2, and Mike and Kate in the TR4- what a superb noise!- I am sure that the Italians in the traffic jam going the other way were applauding the cars and the noise!

Just thought I am def. going to be buying some Fiam air horns for 'The Grey Thing'! Any body know where I can get some?

Tim,

You just want to be hooting through tunnels do you? You hooligan...

Fiamm air horns... www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk

I found this place last week - ordered a few bits on Friday - came today! Excellent service...

Fiamm electric air horns - 14.50 + VAT
Twin Fiamm air horns with compressor - 16.30 + VAT

James

I never had a centre silencer under my GT6.  Sounds great!!!!!!!  And totally road legal in the Netherlands. 

Do you also have that strange habit of winding down the windows of your GT6 when you enter a tunnel ??  Shift down and floor the loudpedal for best results  8)

[quote by=GTRoger link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1106951444,s=6 date=1107204430]I never had a centre silencer under my GT6.  Sounds great!!!!!!!  And totally road legal in the Netherlands. 

Do you also have that strange habit of winding down the windows of your GT6 when you enter a tunnel ??  Shift down and floor the loudpedal for best results  8)[/quote]

when rog drove away from my parents I could still hear the car 2 miles away...  :D

(keep in mind that holland is flat and that there is not even a tree in 3 miles from that house  ;D)

I still have a tunnel movie from your GT6 in friesland somewhere roger... shall I post it?

That's how a complete dutuned sixpot sounds........................

Found out later that timing was about 7 degrees wrong at that time :o    Never checked timing before as the pre owner told me he took the car off the road as a runner.. (14 years before)

How will it sound when the triple webers are installed????????

You need the Stretch's tuneful airhorns to make everyone smile :-)
I must say that the first 10CR  provided us with many tunnels and much fun was had, especially as you get the Canley Sound Wave as the first car in the line up sounds horn then the second third etc - most gratifying  8)

Archived