• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote by=GT6_Don link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1088289905,s=98 date=1124972649]Qualifications for the Mile High Club...er, who's your co-driver Jon? Actually I'm a member of that particular club![/quote]

Why am i not suprised by that?

Dean.

[quote by=Jason link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1088289905,s=102 date=1125407017]Don - you can't join the Mile High Club solo ;-)[/quote]

Nice one once again JC.

Buy the way will you be wearing your sandles again.......
maybe you could help parting the waters if they get too high.......

Dean.

I used to belong to the 'ton-up' club. Was more to do with having a dump at over 100mph.

Might get a few takers for that one on the nUrburgring.....

The things you get upto when young and single.......

Colin

p.s. best place to join the club????.... Intercity 125 between London and Scotland.. In the days when the went that fast.

I've been taking an interest in the webcam at the Stelvio.

If anyone is hoping to catch a look at any 10CR crews, then be aware that the images seem to be updated every 15 minutes.  However, they may take up to 10 minutes before they are displayed on the website.

It may be that there is a wee Italian chappie checking all the images to make sure that no one is mooning at the camera - or worse. 

Then again - maybe not. :)

Here is the link to the webcam:

http://webcam.popso.it/stelvio.php?PASSOEST

We'll be there about 2030 according to the details already published.
From your observations, will the webcam picture show anything at that time of night, even we all did a moon together?

Be nice to use the mobile phone net to get as big a group as poss up there and then ask some one to grab the shot for here!

John

Ahem - if there's no fannying about then we might just make Stelvio on time although I have to point out that last time our timekeeping around Italy was, well how shall I put it - crap :-)

(No fingers being pointed, we were one of the crews wo didn't take the timings with us!)

Several things are different this time Jason which I hope will help.

1. We will be leaving the Med sooner.
2. We are further east for the overnight halt so we have a better start
3. We will be using more motorway to get to the interesting bits in the north again
4. The route has been planned at lower overall speeds

We will see if this all helps tho :-/

.....and of course we have the experience of the "recce". Of course all this will count for nowt if some plastic crutch rocket rider decides to make out with nature again :-( I have the utmost confidence in you Mr Raider Sir - anyway, it' just a drive in the countryside, what can go wrong??

What can go wrong?

Well, just checked the web cam and the place seems to be swarming in pedestrians - some kind of event on.

But that is lunchtime on a Saturday - by 8PM it should be a bit different. Must remember to check tonight and see what's going on.

Archived