Handy Hints now available !!

Ellis

Hi all

Just a quick note to let you know the Handy Hints are now posted on the Comps website. The formating went a bit weird when I posted it, I will tidy this up later in the week, but at least the info is there for you to have a read through.
<  http://club.triumph.org.uk/comps/index.php?id=47 >

I'll be compiling a simple table of the key info for the website and road book.

Thanks to Sarah and Andy Johnson for compiling this info on our behalf...

Enjoy

Ellis

Yep very usefull Ellis, I've printed it out to take with us.

Austria: So I guess we will all need one of these Motorway tax stickers. Didnt know that.

Belgium: "Petrol in a can is permitted, but forbidden aboard ferries/Eurotunnel" oops... Ive done this before.
"Use of rear fog lights is mandatory in fog" oops... don't have any!

"GB Sticker:  UK registered vehicles displaying Euro-plates (circle of 12 stars above the national identifier on blue background) no longer need a GB sticker when driving in European Union countries." SO that means that pretty much ALL of us WILL need a sticker.

France/Monaco: Interesting note about the visiting drivers holding a license for 2 years or less, I didnt know that. If Nikki passes her test and goes I'll have to make sure I drive all these effected sections ;)

Germany: "Unleaded petrol (91.." mental not to AVOID 91 RON at all costs :)
"Spiked tyres are prohibited" damn!

Italy: Thank goodness "Petrol in a can" is permitted, otherwise were stuck with 95!
Addendum to "Special Features:" - Fit your vehicle inside a 1/2" steel plate cocoon before driving in any town, village or city!

Netherlands: Aren't cheese and ham toastie makers compulsory in NL?

Switzerland: Postal coaches? pah! bring it on!
More motorway tax? Dick Turpin!

(thanks Ellis)

Thank goodness they don't require a rectal thermometer and sepositories.

Continuing in that theme  I think the requirement is for a First Aid Kit to DIN 13 164 standards, that presumably includes those items.  I am not sure if Halfords First Aid Kits are to this standard.

• 2 weeks later...

While getting the AA Europe Road Atlas in HalforDs at the week end I found another book that is helpful:  

The Haynes Glovebox Guide to Driving Abroad,  ISBN 1 84425 048 2

It covers driving just about everywhere and in any conditions and costs £12.99

Archived