Post 10cr Blues!!!

Royboy66

You're all so lucky - at least you've got your cars to work on!  :'(- all I can do is sit here and work out the plan of action, replacement driveshaft complete or fit new wheel bearing - who knows? The worst of it is that it'll arrive back here whilst I'm sunning myself in Cyprus over the next 14days! ;D

At least I've got the Stag to motor about in, but in the back of my mind is the MOT advisory on that about the nearside rear wheel bearing that needs sorting - Deja vu or what? ::)

Now having thoughts about the Le Mans Classic..................

I'd think about a new driveshaft, bet the old shaft is marked by the bearing spinning on it.

I fixed dreadnought in 10 mins when I got back, still I think the GT6 did great. Because of the rush I had not fitted my air horns, this will happen tomorrow. Next event for the GT6 is the TD at Goodwood on 05/11.

Meanwhile the dreadnought goes in for its bodywork repairs in the next week or so, will come back looking a radically different car, looking great in nice shiny slate grey paint.

Its great to have a programme of events in store for a car.

My big events for next year will be:
Historic County Run
La Carrera Caledonia
Le Mans Classic
Round Britain Reliability Run
Plus a few Track Days and Dutch Night Rallies.

Keep in mind that Colin Scrapman, myself and some other friends are working towards organising a big Classic LeMans bash in conjunction with the TSSC and TR Register, similar to what we did last year.  

We are negotiating again on a block booking for the whole of the Terte Rouge campsite, just above the Dunlop Bridge, with the usual bar and recreation facilities.  

It was a good bash last year, with 200 odd Triumphs together and if our negotiations are successful, next year should be even better!!

timbancroft61 wrote:
No its not like that, I am going over with a great mate who has a 66 S type Jag. We are camping, I'll be in the kennel!

Anyrate don't start talking to me about luxury, I was one of 5 who camped in Italy on last weekends 10CR, Most went the wose (Spelling?) option and hoteled, what fun is that!

OK then, can I sell you camping spaces....

Special rates for Triumph owners, and even more special rates for Jag Owners...  ;D

Colin

Archived