• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bobyspit wrote:
Got the maps, unzipped them! Where do I put them on the Tomtom?>

Plug your TomTom into a PC via the USB port. Use Windows Explorer or some such to search for the TomTom; it will come up as if it is an external drive, or memory stick, etc. On the TomTom there will be a folder called ITN. Just copy the unzipped files into there. Simples.

sparky_spit wrote:

Plug your TomTom into a PC via the USB port. Use Windows Explorer or some such to search for the TomTom; it will come up as if it is an external drive, or memory stick, etc. On the TomTom there will be a folder called ITN. Just copy the unzipped files into there. Simples.

Cheers

anyone using a Garmin GPS? I have one I was going to use but I cant get the Unit (Nuvi 205) to see any of the GPX files I load into it. Have tried putting them into the memory card (dir garmin/gpx) and into the intenal GPX directory. The files are there, can see them from the PC but cant get the Garmin to see them. I have tried just copying them and using Mapsource to put them on the Garmin.
I am guessing you use the My Data menu option to load the routes?

cheers
Mike

On page 15 of the roadbook, just after entering Andorra, within a few miles of the Motor Museum, you bear right onto CS101 before going back onto the CG1/CG2. I can't find this on "the" map or any old ones either. Does this actually mean the CS110, which is a twisty winding climb and descent bypassing Escaldes Engordany?

Even if it isn't, the road looks like an interesting detour if we have time and aren't knackered....

I think the error is on the map itself Mike, The CS110 in the map book looks to be the same road as the CS101 on Google maps, and fits with the instruction in the route book.  Looks to be a great road, especially when you look at it in satellite view!

Rgds

Mike!

I spent 3 hours last night, did half the route and had a thumping headache afterwards.

Have worked out a better route in the LeMans area, should save 30 mins, and every little counts.... :-)

Couldn't find some bits of the route on my map, just after leaving Andorra I think it was.

The panic is just starting to set in......

Cheers

Colin

thescrapman wrote:
I spent 3 hours last night, did half the route and had a thumping headache afterwards.

Have worked out a better route in the LeMans area, should save 30 mins, and every little counts.... :-)

Couldn't find some bits of the route on my map, just after leaving Andorra I think it was.

The panic is just starting to set in......

Cheers

Colin

The bits that are missing around Andorra are maybe because of our A4 maps, and are probably on the A3 version ok. If you look at a larger scale Europe atlas you can see where it goes on there; it's only s short section before it re-appears on our A4 ones again. If you can't find it I'll scan mine and let you (and probably mikeyb too) have a copy.

mpbarrett wrote:
anyone using a Garmin GPS? I have one I was going to use but I cant get the Unit (Nuvi 205) to see any of the GPX files I load into it. Have tried putting them into the memory card (dir garmin/gpx) and into the intenal GPX directory. The files are there, can see them from the PC but cant get the Garmin to see them. I have tried just copying them and using Mapsource to put them on the Garmin.
I am guessing you use the My Data menu option to load the routes?

cheers
Mike

Ok so the Garmin Nuvi 255 is complete Cr*p! The PC side software lets you download routes into the unit and onto the SD card but the unit does not support routes or itenaries or via's....
Will dust off the old TomTom PDA and use that. Should have known not to change to Garmin I have been using TomTom since the days of my Psion 5 and Citymaps.

Not been a good week, really busy at work,
have only managered to trace the route as far as the Millau bridge,
Libby broke the GT6 (think its fixed but a bit too tapperty), will have a play on saturaday and decide it we use it.
The new Garmin GPS is complete cra*p and finally
I managed to drop my phone down the toilet. Suppose it could be worse at least the toilet had been flushed! The phone does not work.....
Panic, what panic!  there are still 5 days left....

Mike

sparky_spit wrote:

The bits that are missing around Andorra are maybe because of our A4 maps, and are probably on the A3 version ok. If you look at a larger scale Europe atlas you can see where it goes on there; it's only s short section before it re-appears on our A4 ones again. If you can't find it I'll scan mine and let you (and probably mikeyb too) have a copy.

I don't think the missing bit matters - there are so few roads in that section and only a couple of junctions - the roadbook map should be sufficient to cover the gap!

At least the A4 maps appears to have the correct pages in the correct order - although I have found one page in the Benelux map with the same Belgian roads printed both sides - not an issue for our route!

Archived