• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howard wrote:
Have emailed route books - its an 8MB email so let me know if you don't receive it and I will split and resend in parts

A nice alternative to email for a large file is to go to www.sendspace.com and upload it - then you just email the link it gives you to the persons you'd like to download the file.  Afterwards you can delete the file from Sendspace.

858 wrote:
Hi Howard - any chance you could also email them to me?? Either at regbarton@fsmail.net or regbarton@hbosplc.com

Thanks!!  Although I thought Ellis said he was going to make them available to everyone somewhere?? Or did I just imagine that??
Thanks!

No, you didn't imagine it... I'm working away, so can't get it on until I get home... chance happenings with my network at work... sometimes I can upload, sometimes I can't...

BUT PLEASE DO NOT HOST ON A SHARED WEBSITE...  :X

It will be on by Friday and password protected. The TomTom ITN files will hopefully be available after the weekend. I use ITNConv to convert the files... free download, might be worth a look ??

ajp wrote:
maps? sat navs ? all pants!... shedtune cant afford timmytoms gremlins or even new maps- will be using the force,along with maps of europe collected since about 2001 and monster munch to guide us

Monster Munch! Mmmmm pickled onion flavour  :P

Lookiing forward to Shed TV with scratch n sniff!

will you be driving with the windows open?

Btw, I was using "the force" to navigate across Bristol the other day...... didn't go at all well - it seems the force doesn't know Bristol  :(.  

Have been looking through my fairly extensive but elderly collection of French maps - worrying disrepencies between road numbers in the road book and those on the map (we also noticed this while driving in France recently) seems some roads have been renamed recently.  I see extensive scope for getting lost, especially on the approach to Valance!

Also noticeable that in several cases the roadbook doesn't really say what the destination is at the various check points (ie, how do you know you've found the right place - Carrefour petrol station, village church/toilets or what?). or am I being dim?

Nick

I have no idea what the numbers that Ferney listed for Tom-Tom.  Please someone explain.  How bout a post code for control stops that we can type in?  That way as above we kow we be at the right spot.  Not just because someone ahead soiled the road.  How do you tell Spit, Herald, Dolly, TR poop apart?

Goody wrote:
I have no idea what the numbers that Ferney listed for Tom-Tom.  Please someone explain.  How bout a post code for control stops that we can type in?  That way as above we kow we be at the right spot.  Not just because someone ahead soiled the road.  How do you tell Spit, Herald, Dolly, TR poop apart?

Goody,

Go into sat nav menu and enter add favourite! then look for an option to add longitude and Latitude! I have checked them all and they are spot on!

Rob  

TR7Nutter wrote:
Hi all

The Sat Nav files have been e-mailed - please do not post on the forum or elsewhere on the internet. ;)

Cheers

Ellis

Got the ITN files. Unzipped and copied across to the ITN directory in the TomTom okay, but how do I load via Itinery Planning? There's no such menu item on my TomTom - it's a TomTom One - 3rd edition. Any ideas?

Archived