• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick_Moore wrote:
Tim, I've tried ginger tablets, and the only result is that I now associate ginger with being very sick! Natural remedies my arse... The last time I went sailing I embraced the chemical/pharmaceutical industry and tried these: http://www.keypharm.com.au/products/travacalm_ho.php

They worked brilliantly, I ate enough that the yacht started listing and indulged in a few cocktails as well. (The ideal size for a yacht is one with a happy hour).

The active ingredient is hyoscine hydrobromide. A nice young doctor lady on the yacht told me that it suppresses nausea and can be used to counter the side effects of some drugs. Subsequent research proved that it doesn't help with hangovers though  :-/

Thanks Nick

Just one small problem that i see in using it
"This medication may cause drowsiness. If affected, do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery. Avoid alchohol."  Can't have it all ways can we!!!!

Ok numpty here
Ive completed missed the last month or so though working on other stuff,cant find any ref of how to book the ferry on here or on my emails? could someone be a jolly decent chap and email me the contact details etc to ajp-triumph@hotmail.co.uk another stupid question whats the crack on hotels? where are we stopping? cheers in advance!

I used to feel a little sick when on board boats, then someone told me you have to keep your eyes on the horizon so you can see the movement and your brain can relate to the movement, and you won't feel as bad.
Works for me every time. No need for remedies or pills.  

Archived