GT6_Don wrote:
Bit confused...why don't we want ferry crossing details on the forum???

Well maybe I'm just being super cautious, but I get the feeling any non-member could take advantage of our special rate by ringing the company and quoting the magic words and getting a cheap deal. Maybe this would be good for the company?... I don't know. Maybe we only have a certain allocation at that rate?  But everyone who needs to book has got the details by email (except Nick ;)) so why risk it?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bobyspit wrote:
If that non member wanted to go abroad on those dates and at those times lets hope he or she is driving a Triumph ;D

As it is a flexible ticket, you book it, then chnage it in a few weeks time at no / minimal cost. Then no-one will notice the lack of Triumph!

:-)

Colin

thescrapman wrote:

As it is a flexible ticket, you book it, then chnage it in a few weeks time at no / minimal cost. Then no-one will notice the lack of Triumph!

:-)

Colin

.....so long as there were bits falling off it or using coloured sweet wrappers for light lenses , then no one would notice much difference ;D

michael_charlton wrote:
When I rang......phone answered, and I said "I bet thats Craig".......the reply was "Oh not another one, everyones asking for me..."

Funny that I said the same "is that craig"  she said "do i sound like a craig?" :B

Booked the other day with no problems :)

For the last few years I have been using Sea France multi-trip carnet and have found the ferries to be comfortable and its worth paying a few euro extra for the proper restaurants.

See you in September - it can't come to soon :)

michael_charlton wrote:

.............after the ferry`s mass produced Lasagne I wouldnt be surprised!

No chance of me eating anything (you wont hear me say that very often!)  If anyone needs me i'll be kneeling down praying to the toilet god!!  I'm going to try some travel pills this year.  Anyone recommend any??

339 wrote:

No chance of me eating anything (you wont hear me say that very often!)  If anyone needs me i'll be kneeling down praying to the toilet god!!  I'm going to try some travel pills this year.  Anyone recommend any??

Crikey its only 23 miles, a mere paddle,......more chance of being sick slinging the car round corners hanging on to Roy Boys bumber ;D

339 wrote:

Take a packet of Ginger Biscuits

Cheers

Colin

339 wrote:

strawberry jam - Tastes the same going down as coming back up  :)

Tim, I've tried ginger tablets, and the only result is that I now associate ginger with being very sick! Natural remedies my arse... The last time I went sailing I embraced the chemical/pharmaceutical industry and tried these: http://www.keypharm.com.au/products/travacalm_ho.php

They worked brilliantly, I ate enough that the yacht started listing and indulged in a few cocktails as well. (The ideal size for a yacht is one with a happy hour).

The active ingredient is hyoscine hydrobromide. A nice young doctor lady on the yacht told me that it suppresses nausea and can be used to counter the side effects of some drugs. Subsequent research proved that it doesn't help with hangovers though  :-/

Archived