SteveJP

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GT6_Don wrote:
I wonder if the text of the spares list can be in larger font ? I say this as it's sometimes a little difficult reading at night (alternator/battery), .

Ill do you a special large font one mate, but as this years will be emailed you can change the font prior to printing.

beans wrote:

As my planning is lousy i hope the closing date for the spares list isn't too soon  :P

I think Ill call it 2 weeks prior to the event closing. Those who have replied to the spares list with their details will have the list emailed to them direct.

• 2 months later...

Ok guys.

61 Days

It will be here before you know it. Less than 2 months

Spares list for your car needs to be with me by Saturday 03/09/2011

If you are prepping your car now is the time to think what spares you will be taking, I need the following.
1. Car number. Car Model. Any mods (ie running a V8.) This will help me categorise where you go in the list.
2. Person(s) in that car for the run.
3.Telephone number(S) for those person(s)
4. Email address for your crew.
5. Full list of spares, tools, water, oil, fluids, cables, pipes, ETC.... Butties :-)

Help me help you

The above to bobbyspit@sky.com

Thanks

Rob

I wonder if it's worth making an assumption that everyone will be taking basic tools, ignition parts, bulbs, oil and water etc, and confine the 'list' to things like special tools, head gaskets, valves and springs, alternators (special interest here), distributors, water pumps, clutches, fuel pumps etc, etc.

Everyone should have at least the basics, who, these days, for example, would travel abroad without a pocket full of rotor arms!

The list is very useful though, having availed myself of it on the last two occasions!

My list will be with you asap.

Now that Dollyroo is ready, I will have Carl send you a list of spares he will put in he car.  

I think the new fan is welded on so it will not come off again.  

Suggestion:  I wold list the type of car in order.  This way you know on the list where to look if you need anything.  

Goody wrote:

Suggestion:  I wold list the type of car in order.  This way you know on the list where to look if you need anything.  

Thats the way I did it last time, hence the request if your running a different engine, as some run spits with Gt6 etc.

bobyspit wrote:
The entries are trickling in. Out of 70 cars I now have three replies. Keep them coming!

Can everyone ,who is on the 10 CR ,please advise Rob asap on your `Spares to be carried` list.
He`s doing a great job,as in previous runs, on producing an SOS spreadsheet
Even if you have to answer "Car number `X` is not carrying anything"
This will allow the list to be available for the drivers briefing...............and that wont be long
For those who have been before you know how helpful it is
For those `freshmen` , you may just need that back up if/when the time comes...........and thats generally half way up a mountain!  

Car 67,-Tr5 on webers x3  and other nice mods.
  This will be my 1st time on the 10CR but, having completed a number of alpine
  runs over the past few years i have found the key is thorough prep rather than a bootful of spares.
  But i will have the following: set of spanners ,sockets and screwdrivers.
                                          fan belt, jack,tyre inflater stuff.
                                          bulbs and other legal essentials.
                                          hoses,top and bottom for radiator with clips.
                                          plastic securing chords,fuses ,relays ,points,condensor,(tho it does hav 123 electronic ignition).
                                          2x5l petrol cans,-always needed with this thirsty beast.
    No doubt there will be a few more things,watch this space..,
    Hard to believe 2 months today it will all be over!,
             cheers,
               Laurence

3100 wrote:
Car 67,-Tr5 on webers x3  and other nice mods.
  This will be my 1st time on the 10CR but, having completed a number of alpine
  runs over the past few years i have found the key is thorough prep rather than a bootful of spares.
  But i will have the following: set of spanners ,sockets and screwdrivers.
                                          fan belt, jack,tyre inflater stuff.
                                          bulbs and other legal essentials.
                                          hoses,top and bottom for radiator with clips.
                                          plastic securing chords,fuses ,relays ,points,condensor,(tho it does hav 123 electronic ignition).
                                          2x5l petrol cans,-always needed with this thirsty beast.
    No doubt there will be a few more things,watch this space..,
    Hard to believe 2 months today it will all be over!,
             cheers,
               Laurence

You have PM

Ok guys now 8 out of the 70 (some have dropped out) have sent me their lists.

I know you think I may be going on about this but get your spares list to me via email ASAP.

Please do not leave it until the last day or two. I know some of you may be still working on your cars,

53 Days seems a long way away but to place this in perspective, ITS 7 WEEKS AWAY.

So not a lot of time eh!

Best advice sit down and make a list of items you are going to need.

Water, Oil. Spare belts. washers. alternators? fuel pumps (head gaskets) .what ever you may think you will need and will take.

Easy EH?

Just imagine being stuck up a mountain pass,broke down for a simple spare.........who do you ring?
Whilst over in France with a group of Triumphs ,one of my mates broke down .........took three weeks to recover his car home.
A couple of hours after arrival at home , the car was back on the road..............just for the need of a simple spare

Just need to sit down with my co-conspirator - Chris Rabbets in #32 - and agree who is taking which spares in which car, then we'll get a list over to you.  Not too much point in me having anything much more technical than a large hammer and a tow-rope, given my mechanical numpty-ness.

Archived