SteveJP

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very busy with work at the moment in Manchester as you can imagine.

Can I ask that those not already sent me their list to do so asap. 18 hour days is the must until Monday, so what little ZOMBIE time off I have is small. So please help me get this list sorted, get your list in so I am not chasing people

Rob

Rob

Why not ask people for a 'negative' list to save your time. i.e. if they aren't carrying any significant spares other than consumables (oil, water, brake fluid) to reply that they have read your message but will not be providing a spares list.

Just a thought to save you work

Steve

76Spit wrote:
Rob

Why not ask people for a 'negative' list to save your time. i.e. if they aren't carrying any significant spares other than consumables (oil, water, brake fluid) to reply that they have read your message but will not be providing a spares list.

Just a thought to save you work

Steve

Nice idea Steve, They are the same people who leave it to the last min every year. 2009 10CR was a 98% reply rate, and yes I had some reply the day before the event.
Thats why I now have a cut off.
I will see what effect the request at the drivers meetings has prior to naming and shaming people.

Rob

[quote=sparky_spit]

michael_charlton wrote:
Front and rear  whl bearings
quote]

Mike - instead of taking rear wheel bearings (you wouldn't seriously think of changing these by the roadside on a Spitfire would you?) why not make up a spare halfshaft/trunnion/backplate that has been modded to allow it to be used on either driver's or passenger side? It's quick and easy to do - I can give you details of the mod if you don't know it already.

I have a full bearing set not on the basis that I can change them but that a garage can. I doubt a garage in Davos, say, could source them for you!

bobyspit wrote:
... One more week then Naming and shaming :P

Than you can put me first on the list as preparing the car won’t be finished before that  :P
And loading the car up won't be done before.
Will only be carrying a few normal spares, like bulbs, fuses, emergency ignition kit , tyre repair etc.

beans wrote:

Than you can put me first on the list as preparing the car won’t be finished before that  :P
And loading the car up won't be done before.
Will only be carrying a few normal spares, like bulbs, fuses, emergency ignition kit , tyre repair etc.

I said this at the meeting to one or two who said they will be late sending in their spares list.

Tell me what you have, I knew three month ago what spares I carry on a big run, I knew what I already had and what main things I would take with me. I may add a few bits but I know I have a spare bairing set, a spare head gasket and a spare front brake hose so there is your list of spares.

OK GUYS AND GIRLS.

Currently have 40 out of 67 (three withdrawals)
So only 27 left so getting there.

A BIG THANK YOU to all that have replied.

Those who have not (CAR NUMBERS BELOW) please do so as soon as you can please. Same format.
Car number,
Any modifications to car.
Car driver and co driver names and numbers.
Spares being carried
Tools being carried.

Cars yet to send their list are as follows.

Thanks
Rob

Archived