alloy radiator from US

molten

Hi All

Was just about to purchase a full width alloy radiator from states.
Anyone know how these perform compared to normal copper?

Also, would I have to pay import tax to have one delivered from US? Not very informed about this type of stuff

cheers
scott

You will have to pay import duty, VAT on the rad, the duty and the shipping and a handling fee for Parcel force at this end of things.

I import lots of stuff from the US. Makes no difference if it's a gift or second hand either, I'd only recommend it if there's no european alternative.

2356 wrote:
You will have to pay import duty, VAT on the rad, the duty and the shipping and a handling fee for Parcel force at this end of things.

I import lots of stuff from the US. Makes no difference if it's a gift or second hand either, I'd only recommend it if there's no european alternative.

Might just get standard full size from canleys unless anyone has an idea of what cost the charges are likely to be?
Seller says he has shipped several of these to uk and the buyers never comented on having to pay extra charges when they land.
Cheers tim

i got one from kool radiators in america in 2010 its well made and extremly light .Temp guage never goes above 1/4 now with postage i paid £151.02 wich is a fraction of cost of ones i seen for sale here eventho i had to pay £24 inport tax it still worked out cheap

This is the one some of the GT6 guys have used, with a couple of brackets welded on (courtesy of TimW) who I believe also has one fitted in his. Might be able to get them cheaper than this, I only did a quick search on ebay. Best thing to do is take the measurments you want and ask some of the many rad sellers on ebay to come up with some alternative fitments.
I believe VW Polo ones are also a good fit but would have to fit an expansion tank also, which is no bad thing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-92-00-EG-EH-EJ-EK-EM-HIGH-FLOW-ALUMINIUM-ALLOY-RACE-RADIATOR-RAD-/230964828422?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3ACivic&hash=item35c6939906

Anyway no need to go to all the hassle of importing one from the States and have to pay all sorts of duty carriage.

Hope that helps
Spider