TimW

339 wrote:
guys

I need the brass air bleed valve that is fixed to the side of the front Lucas throttle body.  Anyone got one??????

Did you get one mate you can have the one I have until you get one if your in a hurry  :) Hey did the pumps come and have you done any more work on the car today mate.
Cheers
Hugh ;)

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

908 wrote:

Did you get one mate you can have the one I have until you get one if your in a hurry  :) Hey did the pumps come and have you done any more work on the car today mate.
Cheers
Hugh ;)

Hey Hugh

I don't have an air bleed valve yet.  Looking at the bodies I can't see any way of it fitting.  I know where it goes but i appear to have a blanking plug in mine.  Confirmation from someone that i actually need it would be good ;) ;) 8)

Today i have mainly doing fuel rail.  I have also had the butterfly spindle holes welded up.  I'm going to finish the pipe work to the engine tomorrow.  Fuel pump still not arrived >:( >:( I've had an email row with the useless seller but to no avail.

I have all day working on it tomorrow so should get the throttle bodies on.  I was hoping to have the main hardware installed by Sunday so i could start the wiring but as i'm still waiting for bits it's not going to happen :( :(

I should be posting pics of my progress in the morning ;)

You don't actually need it.  All you are going to use it for is to bypass the throttle butterfly in a controllable manner so you can set the idle speed.  The throttle body you are using could well have provision for this anyway (pr choose one that does) either as an integral bypass channel and adjustment screw (preferable IMO) or adjustable throttle stop.

I used it on mine 'cause it was there and blocking a hole that I would otherwise have had to fill.  My Primera TB has a throttle stop screw which would have done the same job although harder to adjust.

Sounds like you are cracking on  :)

Nick

PS Bought my pump from
http://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/bosch-fuel-pump-0580464070---sytec-external-otp017-replacement-pump-1890-p.asp
came following day......

Nick_Jones wrote:
You don't actually need it.  All you are going to use it for is to bypass the throttle butterfly in a controllable manner so you can set the idle speed.  The throttle body you are using could well have provision for this anyway (pr choose one that does) either as an integral bypass channel and adjustment screw (preferable IMO) or adjustable throttle stop.

I used it on mine 'cause it was there and blocking a hole that I would otherwise have had to fill.  My Primera TB has a throttle stop screw which would have done the same job although harder to adjust.

Sounds like you are cracking on  :)

Nick

PS Bought my pump from
http://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/bosch-fuel-pump-0580464070---sytec-external-otp017-replacement-pump-1890-p.asp
came following day......

Nick

As i thought!  The throttle body does have an adjustable throttle stop but it also has a very small grub screw that looks just like the air screw on motorcycle carbs.  I'll take a pic of it tomorrow along with my progress so far.

Then i fitted the injectors and fuel rail.  This is when it all went tits up!!!  The bonnet doesn't close!! ??) ??) ??) ??)

I may need to get the throttle bodies machined a little more so that the injectors can sit a little further in the bodies.  I am worried that this will mean the injectors will sit into the airflow too much :-/

Next is to try and drop the engine as much as i can and lift the bonnet on the front hinges.

Tim  its  NO 1 injector that is the prob, v  v close.
even with a original PI injector,I had to mod the onion end.along with some other mods.
Tek oot the headlamp bowl,then you be able to see whats what.

NOTE, you already got the TB,s I gave you modded,yes,!!! so may will not be able to get the PI air log on,
AND deff will no get it on,if you down angle em even moer.
MAY ,  if you cut the back end of the box doon,and re weld up,!!!
[ applies if engine is moved back a little ]

couple of options, raise bonnet,or move bonnet forad, or both,
demerits of this, panel gaps increase,and no in line.

this on mine,and rngine is moved back about an inch.

OR, machine the injector wols deeper, so they sit further doon.

look at the pic of this rail, loook closely at NO 1 and it will be seen that the end is tuned doon wards to clear bonnet.

its no as easy on a GT,  :-/ :-/

M

SORTED!!!

If you look very closely at the pic above of the fuel rail you may notice that the one end is a little longer past the injector than the other so solution was to flip the rail 180deg!!  The end of the rail still just touches and i mean just touches!! :o :o so i'll grind the corner off the rail and weld on a small patch if i get a hole.  I will maybe look at adjusting the bonnet a touch.  

Marcus

i appear to have loads of room for the "Triumph log" I am using the later curved connector hoses (when and if they ever arrive!!)if that makes any difference.

I'd love to move the engine back an inch or so but just can't with the type9 5speed.

PS I do like your chrome nuts!! :) 8)

can use a washer valve if you want,  , drill a hole in the lever for the cable to pull on / off. !!

cant see why you cant use a sptty one

OR, you can just plumb the hose directly into the heed,
and no have a valve, after all,its winter coming and GT,s are not very warm,(whistle)(whistle)(whistle)

796 wrote:
at least you no bought  some thing totally useless,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[Sorry, link no longer available]

Only totally useless until you find a use for it :) :)

Don't want to admit to doing the exact same thing a number of times :B

Archived