TimW

187 wrote:
http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=33518

Is anyone else keeping their eye on this?

Why bother controling a metering unit when the technology is easily available to replace it ? That is a backwards step.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was an interesting project,

Thinking briefly about it, I sort of like the the idea of keeping the mechanical injectors, therefore not having to install new injectors, a new fuel rail and loom.

It is just replacing the vacuum control for metering the fuel.

If it can improve on the vacuum control system and fine tune the metering surely its a good option for people who may not want to go for the full EFI.          Perhaps?

I think that just having a wideband O2 sensor on a PI equipped car so you can see what is going on and being prepared to learn how the MU works and tinker with it to set it up properly to the ACTUAL CAR would bring some pretty big improvements on its own without any actual mods.

To go beyond this then proper electronic management is the way.

Nick

bobyspit wrote:
How is the new pump?

SORRY ROB I CAN'T HEAR YOU!! ;D

New pump is much better thanks.  I'm going back to the rolling road in a couple of weeks just to have it checked over.  Drove it to Devon and back at the weekend without a problem even with all the rain we had ??) ??) ??)  

I conclude that my EFI install has proven to be reliable!!(dance)(dance)(dance)(dance)(dance)

Steve_Curton wrote:

What was the MPG?

Only about 32mpg :B :B  I was trying to drive it economically but as time went on the speed went up!!  By the time we were passing Bristol i was into the 90's!! ??) ??) Not the best way of getting good mileage!

339 wrote:

Only about 32mpg :B :B  I was trying to drive it economically but as time went on the speed went up!!  By the time we were passing Bristol i was into the 90's!! ??) ??) Not the best way of getting good mileage!

thats the thing with efi,you find you just can't help yourself(evil)

bobyspit wrote:

any report on why the original was so loud?

no none.  The supplier told me it was the 2nd return in 2000no units they had sold and that it would go straight back to Bosch for them to look at.

Archived