Door card photos needed!

molten

Hello
I recently used old door cards to make new ones from 3mm ply. When padded and covered they look fantastic... But
When i try to close the door, it binds up in the new door seals. I think that the new door card may now be slghly bigger than the originals and the door seal is sealing against the door card and not the door metal around the card.
Any of you fellas got any pictures of the gap around the door card to the edge of the radius on the door.

I think I have not left enought room around the door card for the seal to seal against and that is why its binding.
Dont fancy correcting them but is the only option so pics welcome.

Thanks
scott

I don't have the answer to your question, however I am in a similar position which is I don't have any of the internal trimming panels. If any one is able to provide full dimensions of each of the panel's it would help me out later in my build.

Sorry for jumping onto the thread, just thought it could provide more detailed information for anyone following later.

No problem

I just forgot to clarify - my problem is at the A-post. If I pull the door our further it will be proud of the front wing so dont want to go down that route.

My best option may be to trim down the new door card (much to my chagrin  :'() So any pics of gap between door radius and door card edge (measurements even better although i think i will have to mod to suit) would be great.

Lazy lot of buggers - and embarrassed to show their crap door cards. Or still rebuilding and haven't got 'em fitted yet, I suspect.
On mine the door seal DOES seal against the card and not the outside of the door, and I've the indents to prove it. I also had to adjust the door when I put them had (the doors had been adjusted without them) and adjust the doors again when they settled in. Not for aesthetics you undesrstand, but because they rattled.
Measurements would be superflous IMO then - they're as big as the door.
I suspect this is generally the case - but these are after-market cards (no really? yes honest!) and the fit may be different for others.
Here's some proof. The silhouette of the bunny rabbit is for free. I did a crocodile on an earlier one but it wasn't as good.

Thanks smithy
Good new is that it looks like my cards are not oversize afterall then, all though I can't make out the a-post end if door cars due to shadow but presume it to be same as b-post end.
Think I will take new seal out and see if door closes and try to figure this out. I was convinced that the door seal should have closed on the door body and not the cars as with modern cars.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Scott's

Scott - yes A-post side same as B-post side, panel fits full-out to edge of the door.
These were quite thick when new and only developed that indent where they close over time; having slept on it I now think all the door cards I've had have been the same (three sets down the years I think). 3mm ply which is then covered with something (and I bet you made them nice and plush didn't ya? I would have) would be considerably thicker I suspect. I suppose if you don't want to cut down your beautiful cards then you could indeed go after the seal instead, and perhaps replace it with something skinny. Who'd know?
Salutations
Smithster