Fitting electric fan from other cars

glang

Hi Richard, yes thats also my take on fan power/airflow with the actual airflow figures given by manufacturers (cfm etc) being very easy to manipulate depending on the atmospheric conditions. Corse measuring the actual current draw when installed is probably the best indicator of the 'work' being done but for that you have to buy the fan
I'll have a look at the Jag ones, cheers.

well the rad has been recored although it was done a few years ago now and the system seems to be clean as the coolant always comes out pretty clear. The temperature is fine on the move its being stationary that causes problems however as you say I suppose it could be down to poor heat transfer somewhere.....

I would check the water ways in the block and cylinder head, these do clog up with crap and reduce the water flow.
I had a Chev Camaro electric fan fitted to the race car until the weather deteriorated it, I then fitted a Ford Scorpio V6 one and believe it is still fitted to this day. Never had any over heating issues with the car.
Poo have a Kenlow electric fan and it takes a good 15+ minutes with no fan running before the temp gauge rises to 3/4 on idle, so I think you may have other issues with  why you have hot running at idle?

My late '64 Herald convertible (Dolomite 1300 engine) seems to have a wide rad. but has a multi-bladed plastic fan on the pulley - no electric one. There is no temp. gauge but she has never shown any tendency to overheat - even on the hottest British summer days in traffic...(My early Scimitar GTE also has just a mechanical fan & she seems to cope ok & she does have a temp. gauge that seems to work.) I do wonder whether we get paranoid about cooling & get obsessed with fitting the biggest all singing, all dancing fans out there...  
They've both had a loada 'gunk' in the coolant 'cos there's a coupla leaks in the rads., as well...!!

Quoted from Ridgetone Triumph
I would check the water ways in the block and cylinder head, these do clog up with crap and reduce the water flow.
I had a Chev Camaro electric fan fitted to the race car until the weather deteriorated it, I then fitted a Ford Scorpio V6 one and believe it is still fitted to this day. Never had any over heating issues with the car.
Poo have a Kenlow electric fan and it takes a good 15+ minutes with no fan running before the temp gauge rises to 3/4 on idle, so I think you may have other issues with  why you have hot running at idle?

Do you mean just flushing them out with the engine in the car or something more serious with everything dismantled?

My solution..
(2.5 engine) Alloy Rad from Radtec racing,Spal 11 inch sucker fan and thermo switch in the top hose.

This pic doesn`t show it but it has a closed system with an aluminium tank next to the clutch and brake cylinders with a feed tapped into the thermostat housing and return from the inlet manifold.

Haven`t tested it abroad but a six hour journey up the M6 in August crawling along never saw the temp go over 3/4 on the gauge.
S