GT6 MK 3 Suspension & Brakes Rebuild/Replace

john2502

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, other things got in the way a bit (as they usually do), but got some time back on the car t'other day.

So got that troublesome bolt off the car and started to put the RH side back on.

Much the same as the other one except it went together a lot faster.

Wishbones on:

Other bits of stuff on:

So I was happy!

Not sure how I didn't notice this when I took the ARB off, RH side:

LH side as it should be:

So, am thinking of getting this repaired when I have the rear suspension and CV's done (I won't have time over next few weeks and want it to be ready for summer!), then I can attach the ARB later on.

It won't be driven with it off, not sure how I missed it or how it even got like that! Ah well

Hmm, I don't have anything to heat it with, what would you recommend using?

Thanks, it doesn't look bad now (but then it did cost a bit, haha) sure it'll be worth it in the end.

Sounds good Mile, looking forward to seeing that.

Question: I haven't attached the track rod ends to steering arm yet as it's difficult to get them lined up while up in the air, is this easier once the car is ok the groin, what's the method of replacing these usually? Thanks.

Can I just say thanks to all who have helped me out with my stupid questions during this thread. Have learnt a lot while doing this and thoroughly enjoyed working on the car!

Car is back on it wheels:

Torqued all the nuts up as per the manual once down on the ground and gave a few bits a touch up (of paint). Feels good to have it done. Not connected the ARB or bled the brakes but will do that after the rear is done and once that bracket is bent back.

Looks great! I'll be at the bolting back together stage soon, after i've done some welding to the front bulkhead panels. I'd recommend a propane torch if you have one and if you don't it'd be a sound investment for the price they are. Perfect for stuck bolts :P

You wouldn't be interested in selling your spring compressors would you? I need some for my front shocks :S Annoying having to buy them for a one time job to be honest! If there was a safer cheaper way I would take it.

Louis.

Cheers Louis, i may well invest in one.

When would you need them by? I was going to hang onto them for a little while as i want to make sure I've got the adjustment on the Koni's set up suitably, but after that they would be all yours, let me know or send me a PM around the time you'll be starting to need them if so. Would thoroughly recommend them to anyone considering using them, very easy.

rotoflex: had no idea that was a rarity.

now to start thinking about the rear of the car! ordered my CVs last night from canleys.