Decent rear Dampers for a Mk1 GT6

Dan16v

can anyone recommend a good make or rear dampers for a mk1 GT6, there seems to be the cheap 'black' dampers sold for £30 a pair or a jump up to Koni/Avo and a big hike in price.

It looks like Monroe and KYB used to do some rears, but are now discontinued

Anyone know of a mid-price decent pair or rears?

Cheers

Dan

Here's a list from every ones favourite price gouger: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID008054

The GAZ are the cheapest, followed by the SPAX and then the Koni.

I use Koni all round on my Mk1 and the ride is much improved on bumpy or poorly maintained roads. To be honest Koni isn't that much more expensive and you do get what you pay for.

8778 wrote:
Here's a list from every ones favourite price gouger: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID008054

The GAZ are the cheapest, followed by the SPAX and then the Koni.

I use Koni all round on my Mk1 and the ride is much improved on bumpy or poorly maintained roads. To be honest Koni isn't that much more expensive and you do get what you pay for.

On other cars I have used Gaz...and they leaked in no time at all, Spax I have had on a couple of cars and just seem hard what ever you set them to and the Koni's seem like a lot of money.  I can get AVO rears for £64 each, i have had AVOs a wgile now on my Peugeot hillclimb car and they work well and could be rebuilt and generally feel a bit more like a normal shock when you reduce the damping rate on the adjusters

I was hoping that there is a decent OEM make that will fit as I dont want to spend £140 on a pair of rear dampers

7586 wrote:
Just checked. Lots of KYB Gas a just for sale for Spitfire/gt6 just do a search.
About £89 pair.
I have KYB all round and they are really good.

I just got some kyb for the front, but kyb told me the rears for the mk1 have been discontinued, will have a look on eBay

7586 wrote:
Just checked. Lots of KYB Gas a just for sale for Spitfire/gt6 just do a search.
About £89 pair.
I have KYB all round and they are really good.

I can only find KYB rears for a spitfire, are all ear shocks the same for spitfire and gt6, I had thought the mk1 Gt6 had longer rear dampers than the rotoflex cars

6838 wrote:

found them in the end, but they are £117 a pair, almost the same as the AVOs

I have emailed Monroe to see if any will fit

Monroe themselves dont seem to have any for the GT6, but said maybe these come from the states

There are lots of KYBs for spitfire, but i havent a clue which would be rotoflex or non-rotoflex to see if they fit the GT6

Dan,
There are no standard Spitfires with Rotoflex. All Spitfire rear dampers should also fit a Mk1 GT6. Whether the damping would suit is a different matter. Most seem to sell only one part number.
                                                                                          Cheers,
                                                                                          Paul