online tyre supplies

mpbarrett

Anyone used any of the online tyre companies such as www.blackcircles.com, www.tyre-shopper.co.uk etc and any comments positive or negative about them?
Some of the prices look good compared to local tyre companies.
(sorry if this has already been covered in previous thread...)

cheers
mike

I tried to get some for my spit, 215\40\16 Goodyear Eagle F1 gsd3 - not to be confused with gsd2's!, ordered the tyres online, online said in stock, booked fitting online, confirmed date to have fitted with garage, then come crunch day the garage phoned and said they didn't have that particular tyre and suggested an alternative. Got a refund easy enough but a lot of wasted time.

I say 'booked online' as I tried all the popular tyre sites.

I was very picky about the exact tyres I wanted, prices were good.

If your not picky then they can be good I guess!

We've used both Blackcircles.com and mytyres.co.uk and both were good in our experience.

No problem getting exactly what we were looking for and the local mobile tyre fitting service that Blackcircles listed in our area were excellent. I ended up using them for all my tyre work until they closed-up shop when the owner retired  :(

Oddly -- I found that there's very little overlap in their stock lists. e.g. Only Blackcircles.com listed the tyres I wanted for my wife's modern but had a very poor selection of the 185/60-R13 size I run on the Spit -- I had to get the tyres I wanted for the Spit from mytres.co.uk. But strangely the last time I looked mytyres.co.uk didn't list any 175-R13s that the Saloon currently has fitted but Blackcircles.com had two or three options. Go figure  :o

Black circles are good. The only problem (not bad really) is that the tyres we ordered were correct, but they'd been bound together so tightly that the walls of each tyres had bent in. Meaning if you were having them fitted by a company, it wouldnt be a problem but if they were being fitted by yourself or a friend, it'd be next to impossible. It didnt help that they were for a Spitfire and they were small tyre's to begin with. Another company you could try is Elite, however im not sure if there trade only.

Hi,

In the past 6 months I've used www.etyres.co.uk and www.mytres.co.uk

mytres shipped from Germany and arrived within a week. I had to arrange to have them fitted at a local centre. They were half the price of ****fit!!

etyres arrived in 2 days and fitted them on my path. they have a large van with all the gear in including a balancing machine. Same tyres as before and same price, but that included fitting which was extra with mytres.

Hope this is of help,

Alex

Ludwig wrote:
Hi,
etyres arrived in 2 days and fitted them on my path. they have a large van with all the gear in including a balancing machine. Same tyres as before and same price, but that included fitting which was extra with mytres.

Hope this is of help,

Alex

We used etyres when the wifes car needed new ones. They arrived at her place of work carried out the job no problem, very pleased and as already been stated price included fitting and balance!

When I order tires here in the US, I have them delivered to my tire place.  They call & say they've arrived, I just drive over & they balance & mount the tires.  I make sure that they're sent to a tire place that doesn't normally stock that brand of tire, so it doesn't look like I'm trying to undercut them on their own brand!

I've usually been able to get a better deal by shopping around local tyre depots but blackcircles seem pretty good, never that far from the price I eventually end up paying.

As a comparison, I had to buy 2 Kumho 195/65/H15 tyres for the Vectra yesterday.  Blackcircles list them at about £53 each, I got them for £45 each at Tyreworks in Market Drayton.

How long does it take between order and fitment?

Thanks for the comments.
Used Etyres seem very, good price, good communication and turned up today, on time, and fitted the tyres to the stag in the car park at work. But took him about 1.5 hours, lots of problems with corrosion on the wheel rims. wont be surprised if I get some leaks :(
He said the old tyres were > 10years old, had a close look at them and very glad I changed them, lots of cracking close to the tread and signs of damage where the car had stood on them with the tyres slightly deflated...
BTW the fitter said he had done another Stag last week, dont see any for months then 2 come along...
Anyway would certainly recommend Etyres great having someone come and fit them with out having to hang around a tyre fitting shed...

Mike

mpbarrett wrote:
lots of problems with corrosion on the wheel rims. wont be surprised if I get some leaks :(
Mike

Corrosion on old Alloy wheels is very common, the corrosion is always on the tyre bead, we charge £12.00 each to repaint the rim, this includes removing the tyre, painting, refitting and balancing ;)

I used mytyres and they were way cheaper than anywhere else, 4 months later my mate found they were as expensive as the local independent place BUT the local place included fitting, a furher 6 months later, mytyres and way cheaper again! Go figure. Shop around but know what you're buying and what it's really costing.
When I bought from mytyres they came from Germany in 3 days, cost a further £20 to fit and were the cheapest option by far.

Shop around!

GTEVO wrote:
I'm looking for a performance tyre for the estate, particularly good in the wet, a nd a road tyre for the Jag.

All I can find is 225-40-14  Toyo Proxes T1-R.

I've got the Hankook Ventus R-S2  on the Neon, & am very pleased with them.  With all the rain in this area, wet performance is actually neccessary.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireProductCategoryDetailBrnd.do?typ=Passenger%2FPerformance&tc=HANHZ6

That's where I got them, oddly the page doesn't show the size (14") on the Neon.  So you may have to look elsewhere to find what sizes are available on the R-S2.

Also, the Neon is FWD, & performance may be different on a RWD vehicle.

The GT6 always wears Dunlops.

Archived