T6 Fabrications body tub is ready ......

CHRIS211083

Hi all, I visited Graham at T6 Fabrications this weekend and my body tub is ready for collection. I was going to get Graham to paint it but we have agreed that I'll get it painted in Scotland and save some cash with the prefitting of doors etc... that and he needs the space for other customers.

Here's the pick's.......

Half roll bar has fittings for shoulder seat belts or three point harness. It also give's extra stiffness and joins to the chassis.

Here you see the GT6 type dash.

All I can say is it's Gorgeous......

Here is the Bonnet which looks like the SAH type but it's much better quality than any other fiber glass bonnet I've seen.

Here is the rear end. On this model there is no rear hatch but there is a small panel at the bottom where the number plate goes. This is for removing the spare wheel. However access between the seats is very good as the fuel tank sits in front of the rear suspension giving lots of room in the boot.

Here is another pic of the roll bar and inner's.

Here is the front of the tub on the bulkhead, still to go on is the heater airbox and the top pannel along with the supports and the battery box.

The colour is black gel coat but this will be painted Black with twin red stripes. I will be picking it up at some point in November hopefully. I don't have a completion date but i intend to have it on the road fully sorted for August when the Mot on the current car runs out. I'm going to rebuild my spare chassis and fit the T6 to this and have been advised by Graham to fit the USA type chassis extensions for extra support. The engine to be fitted will be an 1147 engine running on hs2 carb's and dizzy to start with. Later I'll be converting it to EFI with drive going through a type 9 five speed gearbox. Am off to another competition tomorrow for a week so any questions will have delayed answers. Hope your all as excited as Iam.

Chris.

P.s. Does anyone have a car with a tow bar and a car trailer???

They do look nice, and so far I've heard the quality is good.
It's a shame they don't do a spit body yet,
I bet your happy now Chris, good luck with the build, and we are looking forward to a full picture thread of the build.  :)

Cheers
Shaun

P.s. (What rgt are you with, I'm ex REME)

Cheers

Hello sheepy,
                   Graham has a Normal early spitfire body tub under construction but keeps getting taken away with metal weld jobs on customers cars. If you give him a bell and tell him you want one and have the cash I'm sure he could have one up and running very quickly. However the price for quality is high so don't call thinking that cheap and cheerful is the way. For an immaculate body tub your looking £8,000 or so. So for one that you will never have to touch again will be more. Also remember that the price of petrol is high and Glass fiber resin is oil based so the price will reflect this. Graham also has a removable le mans hard top too??? As for service Royal Marines mate. However I did my Vehicle Mechanics course at Bordon so know where you coming from.

Chris.

Looks gud Chriss.,   BUT, a very important thingy you must get,
and that is a heated rear window, its a MUST HAVE, as any GT owner will tell you.
especially when there are no vents in the rear,  and even with vents,it still mists up quite badly.

M

Rich, and others, that would be good,   I got 2 tinted yans, and neither work,
on the one on now, its an after market one, and I use onlt half of the original wires, as the  after market one, pulled farr too many amps.

I for one would go for one.

Ted, are you listening, some moer good work needed,  !!!!

Looking good, extremly jealous.

Now where can I find six grand.

One word of warning about black paint though, it absorbs a vast amount of heat.
I had a Gt6 in black some years ago on a warm day you got power boiled in the car NEVER AGAIN.
Looked great though.

Gt6s,
What about the deeeep pockets!  ;D

Chris,
I have spent many times down at bordon, great place, especially working out on the slab!
Anyway, if your ever over this way, (belgium) stop by say hello! Who knows the mk3 may be on the road and we can go for a blast!

Cheers
Shaun

Archived