what is the weight of a GT6 bodytub?

Rubce

Hi All

Can anyone advise me of the combined weight of a GT6 bodytub fitted with doors, tailgate and windscreen? I am about to build a stand do that I can double stack the tub over the rolling chassis so that both fit in my single garage. That way I can wheel out whichever assembly I am wanting to work on.

Thanks

Bruce

JensH wrote:
André did one - haven't heard from him lately?

Look around here:
http://www.gt6.ca/

I believe he is being unfaithful recently, some red painted bit o' fancy has caught his attention :)

You know the type, clean lines, sleek, minimal cladding and sexy continental accent!!

The GT6 has seen some use recently though, not quite relegated completely.

Bruce - as Jens says, Andre's jig is plenty strong enough, your biggest issue is not strength with these bodies, it is keeping them braced when replacing panels. Pretty much any framework will likely hold it without breaking a sweat!!

Cheers,

Phil

2806 wrote:
Hi All

Can anyone advise me of the combined weight of a GT6 bodytub fitted with doors, tailgate and windscreen? I am about to build a stand do that I can double stack the tub over the rolling chassis so that both fit in my single garage. That way I can wheel out whichever assembly I am wanting to work on.

Thanks

Bruce

Not sure of exact weight in Kgs..........but it takes, four men with two long wooden poles to take the weight..........which is what we had to do to lift ours from the chassis onto a new chassis ??)

Hi All

Thanks for the link Jens. That wooden jig makes interesting viewing. The thing that strikes me about that wooden one is how much the framework obstructs access to the body. I am planning on making mine our of metal box section so it will be lighter and smaller and give clearer access for paint preparation. I will keep you informed of progress.

Regards

Bruce

thebrookster wrote:

I believe he is being unfaithful recently, some red painted bit o' fancy has caught his attention :)

You know the type, clean lines, sleek, minimal cladding and sexy continental accent!!

The GT6 has seen some use recently though, not quite relegated completely.

Bruce - as Jens says, Andre's jig is plenty strong enough, your biggest issue is not strength with these bodies, it is keeping them braced when replacing panels. Pretty much any framework will likely hold it without breaking a sweat!!

Cheers,

Phil

Oh - hands full so to speak  8)

JensH wrote:
Two people can lift a body tub from a spitfire, so you won't need much structure to keep it safe.

Spitfire, is a lot less than a GT...heavier doors,with frames,roof,tailgate etc....the whole weight of a Spitfire,complete,wheels and all is 748kg
So if someone has the weight of a chassis, engine,wheels etc then you are nearer the mark

michael_charlton wrote:

Not sure of exact weight in Kgs..........but it takes, four men with two long wooden poles to take the weight..........which is what we had to do to lift ours from the chassis onto a new chassis ??)

Sure you had'nt left a bolt in ?