LRgus

Evening all.

Any reccomendations on fuel pipe? Rimmer bros seem a touch expensive for new fuel pipe throughout. I was hoping to find somewhere online who could do a roll of pipe. We could do with some spare for use on other stuff and have already got all the clips and stuff.

As an aside, does it need to be solid pipe from the tank to the engine bay for an MOT or is that a myth?

MKIV spitfire.

Cheers.

well you'll need some rubber fuel pipe and jubilee clips (enough to connect to the tank pipe, the fuel pump inlet pipe and the carb supply pipe) and if the original pump outlet fitting is still good just a new olive for this connection. Bend to shape, clip in and connect up, job done....

Got my fingers burned by local tester in the 1070s by using it beneath my 1966 midget .. it was one of the many issues upon which it failed , although it was particularly singled out as downright dangerous and utterly prohibited . I suppose that it could be possible if the pipe was positioned such that it was totally protected which may be what Triumph did ,as the tester stipulated that abrasion and possible cut damage was the reason.