Rocker cover gaskets

Tim Bancroft

Blimey, found them (Thanks, Alex)!

2 types available in the states:
Gaskets Innovations @ $15
J M Wagner @ $44.95

The JM Wagner gasket looks to be superior (As it should at that price).

I think I will order two from Gasket Innovations.

Be great if a British Triumph parts supplier could do these.

Hi Tim,
I've got the gasket innovation one on my GT6, had it for about a year and a half it fit's really nicely unlike the cork ones  and it's not leaked a drop. I seem to recall buying mine from them via american ebay and it costing about a tenner delivered.
Cheers,
Floyd.

What about using Wellseal to stick to the rocker cover?

I always use that product for the cork rocker cover gaskets.

My issue with the cork type is that they are slightly too small, I always cut in the vicinity of the water pump, but still,why are they made too small!?

I used bathroom sealant to stick it as I didn't think much else sticks to silicone, it worked temporarily whilst fitting it but when I removed it the next time it hadn't held. I'm using blue hylomar now.
I always found the cork gaskets to long, not to short.

Had mine fitted ove a year too, no leaks r other isues!

just a dab of sealant here and there to locate it whilst fitting. Jobs a gud un!

no more crappy cork!  8)

mine was from here....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-TVR-TR6-GT6-TR250-Silicone-Valve-Cover-Gasket_W0QQitemZ130265239400QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item130265239400&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

sorbs wrote:
I used a few spots of superglue to hold my new cork gasket in place and held it with clothes pegs while the glue set.  It stays attached to the rocker cover and doesn't leak despite the cover having been removed a number of times.

I've not really had any issues with cork ones, but i'm using NOS ones from way back.

Aren't you supposed to soak them or something to make them the right size, then stick them to the cover.

I use hylomar.

Cheers

Colin

Archived