Battery for GT6

Tim Bancroft

Yes i used to use halfords but agree they do seem to be pricey nowadays....However ive had excellent service from my last 2 choices..one is a Varta on the PI , the other on the MK1 is a Bosch...both are now over 5 years old with no problems...maybe ive been lucky but i would certainly track down one of those brands next time.

Halfords have been as good as anybody for me. However I may get a Vauxhall OEM (delco?? but OE stuff tends to be pretty good) one next time, as I have a vauxhall trade club card!(and a halfords one, you must know somebody local with one)

Exide Battery for a GT6, 063 56.00 including VAT with 2 year guarantee, you might fit a 065 but might not fit the battery tray
I will have look tomorrow and check it out, seeing we have a very large stock of Batteries in ready for winter ;)
Suprising how many batteries fail when there is a sharp frost ;D

David.

339 wrote:
Halfords battery for my gt6 £100!! don't tell the wife!!!!

You've been conned, the most expensive 065 retails for £80 at halfords, an 072 which probably would be too large is only slightly more.
you should be able to knock £20 off that price from an independant factors, you can pick up an 065 for £35 but dont expect it to last many years.

Archived