Electronic ignition

Sideways Tim

What's the general concensus on Accuspark ignition convertions. Are they as easy to fit as Accuspark make it appear, do they work well and last and what are the actual benefits over points and condensors?

I alwys had it in my head that there was major work involved in converting to electronic systems, but apparently not...

Cheers,

Tim.

Very easy to convert, takes 30mins. Although they did have a few failed units in the past. However they have a life time warrentee. The wifes mini has one in 6,000 miles under its belt and my spitfire has had two. One died at the 2year mark.

Personally i like them. the give more mpg, better starting more accurate spark timing and make you dizzy cap and rotor last longer. They also work fine even with play in the dizzy shaft. Give it a go.

Mega jolt is alot more envolved but is a better system but costs much more and takes a while to fit.

Chris.

I swear by the Ignitor Electronic Ignition, in the UK it's marketed as the Aldon Ignitor, but don't buy this, go to RetroRockets in the US and order the Pertronix Ignitor. Pertronix is the original manufacturer, Aldon just re package it for the UK and add on a big mark up. The Pertronix one from the US  is $93 = approx £57 much cheaper than the Aldon which is about £80. Did this a few years back and when it was delivered it came from Retrorocket's UK warehouse in Camberley Surrey so there wasn't even any import duty to worry about....

cook1e wrote:
I swear by the Ignitor Electronic Ignition, in the UK it's marketed as the Aldon Ignitor, but don't buy this, go to RetroRockets in the US and order the Pertronix Ignitor. Pertronix is the original manufacturer, Aldon just re package it for the UK and add on a big mark up. The Pertronix one from the US  is $93 = approx £57 much cheaper than the Aldon which is about £80. Did this a few years back and when it was delivered it came from Retrorocket's UK warehouse in Camberley Surrey so there wasn't even any import duty to worry about....

i have the pertronix, it has been faultless in the 4 years of everyday use ive been giving it.

I run one of the cheap ebay systems, it has worked without issues for a bit over a year and about 5000 miles, and at the price you can easily afford to keep a complete backup in the trunk that would take just a few minutes to fit should it fail :)
Cheers!

1344 wrote:
I have been useing one of these for over two years now
Nice and cheap,just make sure you have the correct dizzy
It's just a points replacement system
http://www.mm-4x4.com/britpart-electronic-conversion-kit-2720-p.asp

I've just ordered one of these - I will let you know how I get on.

Archived