Royboy66

Returning from Goodwood the back of car was covered in gear oil!! yuk!

Just taken off inspection cover above diff,  the top three bolts holding the front of diff to the rear casing are all finger loose!!   wtf!!??

Im pretty sure Ive found the cause of the leak!!  :)

Out with the trusty 1/2" ratchet spanner again!!  

Roy( stinking of EP90 :-/)

After the Amoco Cadiz disgraced itself earlier in the year, I took one of these to Goodwood and wanged a quick top-up into the gearbox toot-sweet. Very good tool and saves a lot of ingested EP90.
Go-on Roy: it's cheap as chips!
Checked the car after Goodwood today, aside from the ongoing GB oil leak(  :B), the car is running well. Went for a quick blast in the car today and came back with a big grin ;D.
What a lovely day we had at Goodwood, can't wait to meet up with you guys again.  :)  

GtEVO is right (of course!), but ask for a "catheter tip" or "bladder" syringe.   These have a wide conical connector, ideal for adding a flexible tube to stick into the filler hole, rather than the fine needle connector that others have.
Like all modern medical syringes they are single use, even for a car,as the oil will perish the rubber plunger seal after a few hours.

They cost pennies when bought in bulk, but I can't find anyone selling them except on boxes of at least ten.  A chemist is your best bet, as GT said.

John

JohnD wrote:
GtEVO is right (of course!), but ask for a "catheter tip" or "bladder" syringe.   These have a wide conical connector, ideal for adding a flexible tube to stick into the filler hole, rather than the fine needle connector that others have.
Like all modern medical syringes they are single use, even for a car,as the oil will perish the rubber plunger seal after a few hours.

They cost pennies when bought in bulk, but I can't find anyone selling them except on boxes of at least ten.  A chemist is your best bet, as GT said.

John

Spot on, I work with kids with special needs - there's now a box in the kitchen at work where all old gastrostomy syringes are put for me to take home for this exact purpose! Loads of uses for the smaller ones too, brilliant at removing oil/brake fluid/water/petrol from places where it shouldn't be. Might take a little bit of explaining should I ever have my boot searched by the police though. Hmm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived