RBRR 21 Message Diary

Hi All

I don’t know if people will think this is a good idea or not, but on previous RBRRs we had a RBRR message diary where everyone on the RBRR could post messages so participants could let others know of any problems, provide updates on progress and friends could follow the event.

So I thought I’d create this thread for that purpose.

This isn’t meant to replace any official event communication channels or the organisers WhatsApp broadcast group but more for our own informal communication. 

Team 73 Spitty Spitty Bang Bang

Stickers on and boot packed.

just got to finish highlighting route on atlas and fit Club Triumph windscreen sticker and I’m ready.

Managed to fill up with Premium Unleaded this evening so all set to go and pick up my co-driver tomorrow from Potters Bar station.

4B4A0A4A-BE47-493D-8648-B26F4F0B7BEA.thumb.jpeg.802cb28a20102e1251150d990b45ac64.jpeg

Edited by PaulB
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hogie said:

Is there anywhere where I can see the running order or those that have dropped out etc.

Roger

On the CT Website, go to 'Events' then 'RBRR' then 'Entry List'. There there's a Spreadsheet which shows all the Crews, their cars and the entrants who have withdrawn

Update as to my withdrawal, I got home last night , the car drove into the garage.  Checking the gear oil a dribble of burnt oil came out, the rest is probably on the A1 or on my route down.

I know 1.5L went into the gearbox before i left. 

The rear output seal appear to be at fault and a very loose fit on the prop shaft flange.  

Edited by Matt306

2 hours ago, Chashend56 said:

On the CT Website, go to 'Events' then 'RBRR' then 'Entry List'. There there's a Spreadsheet which shows all the Crews, their cars and the entrants who have withdrawn

many thanks for that.  Is there a display of the real time goings on.

Roger

In the years when I did it, some cars carried trackers.

Lots of progress pics on Faecbook, but all in individuals' pages.

Please post some here!

Like this:

No photo description available.

Vinny doesn't let the rain spoil the polish on Kevin's Acclaim.   John aids his lunacy.  2000s some time!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JohnD said:

In the years when I did it, some cars carried trackers.

Lots of progress pics on Faecbook, but all in individuals' pages.

Please post some here!

Like this:

No photo description available.

Vinny doesn't let the rain spoil the polish on Kevin's Acclaim.   John aids his lunacy.  2000s some time!

2008. I remember that event well.....

Sorry for not posting anything on here! 

Car 117, team Dead Dynamo suffered a repeat of 2018 when the dynamo gave up! Think I'm overloading the poor things. Replaced with the spare and we were able to continue.

This time it was just after the epic twisty Wales section, which was my highlight of the run (hooning along with car 120, Alex and Mike, who unfortunately had to retire after head gasket failure at Okehampton).

Now on the M25 working our way clockwise up to the A1 and Knebworth, 33 miles to go.

Here's my 6-foot-4 co-driver finding a way to sleep in a Spitfire, at Falls of Shin near Lairg.

_20211002_144559.JPG

• Like 4