Clutch problems (leaving in 1st gear)

WIMPUS

Hi,

Today i noticed that my car started to shake a bit when i want to leave in 1st gear somewhere ..
Sometimes it's not that bad, when i give some more throttle it seems to be better .

I think it's going to be the clutch master & slave that have a need to rebuild.
2 Months or more ago i had sort of similar problems with it.
Changed the fluid to new and it was much better !

What do you all think it's going to be ?
When i let the clutch come up she still grabs very good, so i believe it's not the clutch itself .

Alex wrote:
Oil on clutch plate or worn springs?

People are telling me that to  :-/ :-/
Then i guess the oil seal is leaking also  :(

Not a job i want to do  :-/
And on monday i need to do a test day at my new job..
It's again everything at the same time !  :o :B

What clutch is the best for a 1500 and where to buy them ?

Just arrived for my second driving test.
On the way to there i always reved it to around 1500 rpm and then it isn't much of juddering..
On the way back i'm going to stop at a garage that has 3 triumphs and said yesterday evening to come over ;)
He also thinks the clutch is contaminated or bend..

Worth checking one more thing. I had roughly the same problems and it was actually caused by a horribly worn U-joint in the propshaft. Easier to fix than to rip out the gearbox! Just crawl under and see if there is any play in the joint while turning the shaft by hand (box in neutral, handbrakes on). There will of course be play in the diff making it hard to identify if you can t hold the short part of the propshaft steady, but if it's as bad as mine was its easy to identify what area is the culprit.
Cherers!

Well this morning after my driving test i stopped at a guy i know ..
He got in my car and drive around a bit ..
He said to try and slip the clutch a bit, so there is a small bit shaved of the friction plate.
Also while driving hold the clutch down and no odd noises ..

But he also said my car vibrates a bit, it's better when you press the pedal.

Seems to be that it is better..
Had a try here in the street 5 times stopping and setting of in 1st gear, no problem now !

But he said to maybe put in a new clutch and release bearing (or have it laying around), because i don't know how the clutch itself is or how old ..
He also said that it could be that the springs are getting loose and metal fatigue.

Mine does the smae and has for a while, had a new clutch about 18k ago and been juddering like that for last 10k, seems to only do it on a hot engine, when cold its fine, i just rev it higher and accelerate quicker off the line and slip the clutch more if it annoys me in the hope it will wear out faster then just buy a new one hehehehe

mine has not gone far since last MOT so UJ's are ok, am pretty sure my gearbox leaks slowly as everything else does but not too quickly.

good luck with yours.
rich

junkuser wrote:
"Well this morning after my driving test i stopped at a guy i know .."

How did the test go Wim?

I've passed now on the second try !  ;D
Need to drive with a L plate until next week (they need to make my license and that takes 3 days  :'( )

junkuser wrote:
Great effort, congratulations Wim.

Now for a successful job interview.

Mal.

(Failing rear engine mounts (on the gear box) can aggravate, rather than initiate, shaking during clutch engagement.  May be worth a look.)

Well was thinking of that mount also ! (don't know how old that is actually .. )
But it seems to be much better now ! It just does it sometimes ..

The juddering! was your left foot on the clutch pedal shaking with nerves for the up coming driving test!
And now you have passed, it's shaking with excitement!  ;D ;D

I would say its your clutch plate, wearing down, or slight oil seepage, my van does the same, and not all the time.
I am living with it until it starts to slip then I will change it! (may as well get my money's worth out of it)  :P

But as said, it is a good idea to check all the mounts, then you can replace them at the same time as changing the clutch, and then check the propshaft U.J's while it's off, then check the............