Ten CR...The aged

Velocita Rosso

18 hours ago, Velocita Rosso said:

So at nearly 73, I completed the latest 10 CR, and enjoyed it again  after four previous

The question is, at nearly 75 for the next one.....do i do it again...or consider this one as the final fling?

When entries open, ask yourself a few questions.

Can you remember your own name and what day of the week it is? Can you put your own socks on? Can you get up from sitting in the car unaided?

If yes to all, you should be fine.

• Haha 4

Hmmm…. Not sure I can always answer yes to all of those at the same time…. And I’m only 55 🤔

Slightly relevant; we had long time family friends to dinner on Saturday. He’s 91. Could pass for early 70s. Was complaining he can only marshal at the local Park run these days as he injured a foot last year and it’s not fully resolved….

Judge by condition, not age or mileage!

• Like 1

Mike,

10CR is not a RBRR!

I have noticed this year that quite a few took the easy option, lunch breaks, tea stop, sweets and icecream in the afternoon.... not longer the hardcore group driving through the night to wet their speedo,s in the med the next morning, so why not,

You dont have to go for the full monty but can pick those parts you really enjoy driving, skip the others. 

In fact I slightly noticed that you started down that slope, having the roof up on a nice and sunny day!😉

IMG-20220908-WA0013.thumb.jpg.1d00948bd4e651914649ef2c66e2348b.jpg

Not that Shaun and I are there yet, all the passes, roof down, scaring pushbike terrorists with a double declutch and throttle blip when we passed them on the Stelvio.

Now not sure if we'll still do so in a few years time, maybe shaun has to find another play buddy then, he is a youngster at half a century while i have fully upgraded to version 6.2 but while it lasts he... Get your entry in, take it as it comes, and if you had enough stop at the Gellateria and a straight route to the hotel after. You still have all the scenery and the banter....

and that´s the last I´m hearing from it! 

Cheerz

D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Clive said:

When entries open, ask yourself a few questions.

Can you remember your own name and what day of the week it is? Can you put your own socks on? Can you get up from sitting in the car unaided?

If yes to all, you should be fine.

I guess I'd better not enter, I struggle with most of them...

• Haha 1

Mike, when you can’t remember where you are, who you are  or where you’ve been

where you’re going, when you’re due to set off and where you should end up 

which car is yours and which key fits the locks ( oh I forgot it’s a Triumph, one key fits all lol ) 

lastly if you happen to forget to make sure Jane in back on board before you leave your last pit stop 

then it’s time to give up 

you’ve got a few runs in you yet 

15 hours ago, Wendy Dawes said:

when you can’t remember where you are, who you are  or where you’ve been

Exactly what happened to me on sunday.

Decided to go for a run in the 13/60. I had a printed map with the route marked on plus a road book all downloaded from a local motorcycle site  . . .

I still managed to turn this from a sightseeing run into a mystery tour, found my way home thanks to the GPS I keep in the boot 😁

When back home I went to giggle maps and found where I went wrong. Moral : read the road book carefully, don't relay on thinking road signs in the countryside will say what you think they will and pay attention to the route details rather than enjoying the scenery.

'Must try harder'.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rosbif said:

Exactly what happened to me on sunday.

Decided to go for a run in the 13/60. I had a printed map with the route marked on plus a road book all downloaded from a local motorcycle site  . . .

I still managed to turn this from a sightseeing run into a mystery tour, found my way home thanks to the GPS I keep in the boot 😁

When back home I went to giggle maps and found where I went wrong. Moral : read the road book carefully, don't relay on thinking road signs in the countryside will say what you think they will and pay attention to the route details rather than enjoying the scenery.

'Must try harder'.

It sounds like the perfect drive in the country. 😊

• Like 1