A Funny Thing Happened During the RBRR .......

Not as surreal as the Geese, but it's at the same service station...

Team 129 (red GT6) and Team 38 (Yellow GT6).  We re-grouped at Tebay after setting off together from Gartosh and shared stories. 

Richard & Andrew in the red GT6 - leaving the Glasgow control stop, not only took the wrong exit from the car park, but then heading for England, turned on to the M74 heading North! They had to turn around some miles later after realising the signs didn’t look right. 

Karl & Nathan in the yellow GT6 - pulled into the motorway services (with the Geese), and Karl picked up the first pump in view that said Premium (we have to look after our cars!). Unfortunately it was the diesel variety. Realising this mistake after only a litre or two, hastily changed and mixed it with 50l of much nicer petrol flavoured dinosaur juice.  Thankfully, a hot run down the M6 to Wales meant that diesel was burnt off pretty quickly without issue. 

IMG_4874.JPG

• Like 1

Our (Team Spotlight) funny moment was when I was too impatient to wait for the men's toilet at Skiatch and used the ladies only to watch the lock fall apart when I shut the door leaving me locked in there! 

I urgently rang my co-driver Davemate, who didn't answer, and then rang Richard Warr who did answer and came and released me from my prison. 😅

• Haha 6

Our unusual story was after the Falls of Shin when we took the alternative route down the A9 and looked for a Tea and Coffee stop about halfway in Pitlochry. We saw a sign to Hotel and Lochside Cafe down a narrow lane so decided to check it out. We looked for the cafe but could only see a very posh hotel so assumed the Cafe was part of the hotel. 

We walked into the hotel looking wet and scruffy and asked where the Cafe was expecting to be directed to a Cafe within the Hotel, the guy behind the reception said it's further down the narrow lane and may or may not be open. Then he said , we offer out Hotel guests free tea, coffee and cakes, I'll ask my boss if we can let you have some tea and coffee. His boss agreed so we walked through to the hotel lounge, feeling out of place amongst the  posh guests and had a nice freebie!

This is the posh Hotel, although it was a bit wetter when we visited! The Green Park Hotel... We were certainly impressed by their hospitality but at £190 per person per night, I don't think I'll be staying there anytime soon!

Green Park Hotel.jpg

Edited by cook1e
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Radders said:

Our (Team Spotlight) funny moment was when I was too impatient to wait for the men's toilet at Skiatch and used the ladies only to watch the lock fall apart when I shut the door leaving me locked in there! 

I urgently rang my co-driver Davemate, who didn't answer, and then rang Richard Warr who did answer and came and released me from my prison. 😅

You're lipstick did really set off the colour of your eyes too.

• Haha 1

We had, that is NIgel Gair's team, Dave Langrick's team and Tim/Jason in the TR6 had a bad experience with a fool in a VW Golf derivative on the M6 before Tebay.

He would overtake a car, slot in front and then gradually slow down to 50mph, then as one attempted to overtake, he would speed up. He would also start to flash his lights at the car in front. He did this for about 10 miles, one could not see inside the car as all the windows were blacked out.

Dave's partner, Ilka reported him to the Police and we await with interest to see what happens?

Got to say it was a bit unerving and not very pleasant.

Thankfully, near to Tebay he was in front of Nigel's car and Charles Nunn who was driving the Saloon left it till the last minute before diving off onto the end of the slip road. Good driving and common sense from Charles.

I was fearful of an incident in Tebay car park.

36 minutes ago, Tim Bancroft said:

We had, that is NIgel Gair's team, Dave Langrick's team and Tim/Jason in the TR6 had a bad experience with a fool in a VW Golf derivative on the M6 before Tebay.

He would overtake a car, slot in front and then gradually slow down to 50mph, then as one attempted to overtake, he would speed up. He would also start to flash his lights at the car in front. He did this for about 10 miles, one could not see inside the car as all the windows were blacked out.

Dave's partner, Ilka reported him to the Police and we await with interest to see what happens?

Got to say it was a bit unerving and not very pleasant.

Thankfully, near to Tebay he was in front of Nigel's car and Charles Nunn who was driving the Saloon left it till the last minute before diving off onto the end of the slip road. Good driving and common sense from Charles.

I was fearful of an incident in Tebay car park.

Well done Charles!