My 1st ever Triumph (Mk2 2500Pi)

frenchiemk2

I bled twice the brakes system without any gain... well only balanced brakes the 25% I had on the rear right to the front right... when my son could help + traces of light bubbles (water?) and dust/rust particles remixing in the master cylinder reservoir.

So today i replaced all the flexible hoses for brand new Witor's inox set.

Rear cylinders are nice so I let them in place (like all breakes system had been replaced before the car was stored). I will only replace when i bleed if any doubt).

Front left caliper seem a little oiled, i don't know now if the piston seal is damaged or what. I'll check that too when i will be able to bleed.

i pushed all the old brake fluid with pressure from the reservoir, to drain all contaminated old fluid (500ml).

What i noticed is that the fluid couldn't bleed through old hoses, even with pressure.

20230904_104247_HDR.thumb.jpg.f077dfdcebdc8f77df665dd761aa912b.jpg

Edited by frenchiemk2

"everyday, everyday, evreyday i write the booook..." 🎶

Today I dismanteled the brakes fluid reservoir from the master cylinder because i wanted to clean it from dirt and rust particles.

Well now it's cleaned but the 2 O ring seals have to be replaced (slight cracks on both) and of course i haven't got the faintest idea wher to get new ones.

I emailed C.Witor...

If you have any idea? 

Ref is for Lockheed  3212-815c 13" 

20230906_100239_HDR.jpg

News from today.

Monday, i installed new linkage rods + bushes from Fred Millturn Parts (Martin, thank you very much) I also cleaned degreased the main linkage before repositioning

Yesterday, I installed an AFR set (AEM)

I also got rid of a leak at injector Nb 2. I used the hack that John Bell1 gave me and it works easy with a dudgeon thing; no rotation, no leak.

Now I have to work on adjusting the settings (seems to much Rev at warm idle) and blead the brakes!

AFR.jpg

Hose repair 2.jpg

ijnector pipe.png

Linkage.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thescrapman said:

As long as they fire at same pressure I guess they should work.

is the end at the same point in the inlet tract?

What i think could be correct is to adjust my Bosch to the length after the bung. I read the measurment is 15/32? (on my car there were 3 screw models and 3 push in models , don't ask me why)...

What i understand from you is that i could also measure inside the throttle body where i want my end injectors to be positionned?

Injecteur Lucas.png

1 hour ago, Nick Jones said:

Bosch CIS (K-Jet) and Lucas PI injectors both have 50 psi pop- pressure and similar shape.

Bosch don't need 106 Psi at the distribution unit and fuel cone spray is around 30° (i don't know about Lucas ones).

I'm thinking about ideal placement for nozzle inside the the throttle. Some say 1 to 2 inches from the flange but i must test a second position to see if better with a little spacer.after the seal bung to get a better squirt cone 

Edited by frenchiemk2

Last news

I installed the electric fan direct switch, cleaned all the cooling system and replaced the fluid. Very rusty water (from the decades the engine was openend?).

I fitted again at least 4 fuel hoses to the injectors feeds with my tool

Put the plenum in place (didn't notice that the inlets are  cones velocity stacks sorts). And painted the air filter box (it would be better in black)

I checked the valves gaps and had to adjust again at 0.25. There was too much clearance for some.

This action paid much because i have now no ticking anymore. I set the ignition again at 8BTDC and tested at about 10/11 which i chose according to the AFR reading at 2500 2700 RPM (static).

I still have to bleed the brakes before test road (but anxious as the car has no MOT yet)

I wish soon

20230911_155258_HDR.jpg

Edited by frenchiemk2

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

Looks great! Hopefully it’s driving great too?

Controle Technique passed ok?

😌Controle technique is next tuesday

I drove only 2 miles, but at 1st sight i have unbalanced front brakes , tends to go on the right when breaking hard... i'll have a look tomorrow if can do better.

But it's great driving a car you worked a lot on. I need test drives to get confidence for longer rides.

Edited by frenchiemk2
  • Like 1

Picture taken at the local monthly meeting by a  photographer dedicated to automotive and vintage cars.

I'm not fond of front view of the Saloon but this one gives her much credit.

Also talked to a local French guy who owned a white 2000 with overdrive (i didn't know they had).

Much interest in the car, people turning around to find make and model hints.

FB_IMG_1696190807958.jpg

Edited by frenchiemk2
  • Like 7

On 01/10/2023 at 10:54, frenchiemk2 said:

😌Controle technique is next tuesday

I drove only 2 miles, but at 1st sight i have unbalanced front brakes , tends to go on the right when breaking hard... i'll have a look tomorrow if can do better.

But it's great driving a car you worked a lot on. I need test drives to get confidence for longer rides.

Great that it’s now driving at last, you’re right a little at a time, I started out just 2 or 3 miles in my herald after recommissioning,  two years on and it’s still needing bits done but it’s almost there.  👍

• Thanks 1