My 1st ever Triumph (Mk2 2500Pi)

frenchiemk2

Water and oil are done.

Started the job on electric additional fan.

Soon I'll check replace breake hoses. Do you know if the CW kit fits front and rear on my mk2 PI?

https://www.chriswitor.com/proddetail.php?prod=BHKCWSSSW

Then about the engine i have a little fuel leak on the 4th hose plastic injector side. Is it possible to stretch it a bit any how?

Also i think i have air leaks in the injectors plugs  erea (when warm, the engine stops).

• Like 1

I have 2 issues about the injectors.

1. number 4 hose has a little fuel leak. I read those are PFTE hoses, my question is it possible to tighten it to the metal elbow and how? heating, glue, collar, other?

2. may have air leak on some injector bungles. thre is a mix of screw and push types (don't ask me why) and some may not be airtight. Trying to improve that...

hose and bung.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, frenchiemk2 said:

I have 2 issues about the injectors.

1. number 4 hose has a little fuel leak. I read those are PFTE hoses, my question is it possible to tighten it to the metal elbow and how? heating, glue, collar, other?

2. may have air leak on some injector bungles. thre is a mix of screw and push types (don't ask me why) and some may not be airtight. Trying to improve that...

hose and bung.png

I'm enjoying watching your progress with this. My TR6 also has a mix of push in and screw in injectors, not an issue. Personally I'd replace the injector pipes if you don't know how old they are and definitely fit new O rings to the injector adaptor blocks. TR Trader (Prestige Injection) will sell you all these at decent prices. A pain ordering stuff in UK after Brexit. I live in Germany so tend to pick things up when I'm over there to avoid that hassle.

If your injector pipe leak is right at the elbow you may be able to shorten it slightly and force it back on. The workshop manual describes the process. 

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, John Bell1 said:

I'm enjoying watching your progress with this. My TR6 also has a mix of push in and screw in injectors, not an issue. Personally I'd replace the injector pipes if you don't know how old they are and definitely fit new O rings to the injector adaptor blocks. TR Trader (Prestige Injection) will sell you all these at decent prices. A pain ordering stuff in UK after Brexit. I live in Germany so tend to pick things up when I'm over there to avoid that hassle.

If your injector pipe leak is right at the elbow you may be able to shorten it slightly and force it back on. The workshop manual describes the process. 

Good luck!

Yes thanks.

I just saw a link to them this morning before posting.

But only one leaking. I hesitate to replace them all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2023 at 10:52, frenchiemk2 said:

Yes thanks.

I just saw a link to them this morning before posting.

But only one leaking. I hesitate to replace them all.

Did you manage to sort this Luc? I've now changed these on my TR6 so could send you my old one off injector 4. Prefer swap for your leaky one so I have a complete set of fittings spare.

Cheers, John

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John Bell1 said:

Did you manage to sort this Luc? I've now changed these on my TR6 so could send you my old one off injector 4. Prefer swap for your leaky one so I have a complete set of fittings spare.

Cheers, John

Hi John, thanks for your offer, but i just ordered monday a set at Chris Witor, as I had stuff to buy. Sometimes stars are not aligned 🙄. I wish the set i ordered won't leak too 😅

• Like 1

News

Sunday i started the car to show to my brother in law with whom i make local historical  navigation rallyes. I'm the nav, h'es the pilot. it was very cold sunday and 2 weeks the car stayed.

First the battery was fully charged and that's fine. After a few tries, the car ran with the starter engaged. 

Still have a slight leak at the inlet fuel pump which is odd because should only "suck" gasoline. Or is it possible that thre's a mess here with the inappropriate valve relieve (i saw some are dedicated to Bosch systems), but how i can check?

I have a spanish mate in south France who has the 6th injector insert missing, so they will all be fitted soon, as i ordered a fule hoses set at C.Witor recently (hope i'll have them in 2 weeks).

So next step in check throttles balance (i bought the tool), make a dedicated hose between prefilter and inlet fuel pump)

Then check brakes, replace hoses and fluid, and get ready for the C.T (french MOT) as a collection car.

• Like 1

Today afternoon was time to take care of the leather seats.

I used 1st natural soap + warm water and soft towel and 2nd i used neatsfoot oil spread with paintbrush.

Picture after soap phase.

I think leather is not saturated enough and i'll have a look tomorrow. (I wish i have enough oil...) 

20230303_174135.jpg

20230303_174012_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Still dry after 6 passes front and 3 rear. 750 ml already spread.

Litteraly absorbing under my eyes...

I don't know how soft they were when new, but they are still too dry. One bit on front is saturated and the difference on sight and touch : great difference...

20230304_140050_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Probably their first feed ever. They look like they are worth the effort though so keep at it! 🙂

Thanks. That may be true. At least 15 years with no care.

I ordered cheaper oil yesterday (2.5l) because after 1l the front seats are close to be nourished, but rear ones are still rough and dry.

• Like 1

Stage 2 completed. 3.5l neatsfoot oil spread. Close to saturation but according to natural non homogeneous material, small areas are still a bit harsh.

Seem a bit shiny just because i just used a cloth uniformly and hasn't penetrated fully.

Final step is nourishing cream to make the surface softer and pleasant under touch.

I'll make 3-4 pictures process when done.

20230311_120734.jpg

20230311_120747_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday dealing with fuel pump 

Looks better but : new high pressure pump making much noise + heating + still exuding at the back which i don't understand because it should be sucking and not pulsing and also because huge bolt is tightened at max... Defect pump?

The car is starting but hard to rev... Like stalling whereas the idling is fine.

Not enough fuel pressure?

20230312_104404.jpg

it's 3 to 4.5 at idle, didn't see at rev but the gauge is bery old and i don't trust it

I just tried to drive 1st gear and rear, the engine ran and didn't cut.. some ki,d of nice, but still some bangs and rattles ( i think there's an air leak between down pipe and main line...)

On 12/03/2023 at 12:57, thescrapman said:

What pressure is the gauge showing? At idle and when you try to rev it up?

News... I unscrewed this gauge and made it work again even if the shell is broken.

At ignition it indicates 7.5-8 😀bar wich is correct equivalent 110psi and engine running it's about 6.5-7 (but once again no 100% trust in this gauge fir domestic use...)

I removed the new f....g HP pump too noisy and leaking at the inlet (wtf really) and put back the real Bosch that was on the car at 1st... What a waiste.🙄

I whish it's the final mount.

20230316_130753_HDR.jpg